Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Smile loving my prs-t1

hi all
just though I would put a quick note on here to say how much I am enjoying my reader. I am one of the fortunate ones that have not had any issues with the page turning. I am reading like a maniac and loving it.
flying away for the weekend and looking forward to not having to take books with me. borrowing books from the library is a doodle(even though selection is not brilliant yet).
the pc software is very slow and just about works but hopefully they will improve it over time.

thomas
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
I am loving mine as well. I agree that the PC software is not great. But then again, since the T-1 is wireless, the software is not absolutely essential. It is nice to have the option of avoiding it altogether.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Thomas. Welcome to the forums
I love my T1 as well
And I don't use the reader software either. I just buy my book, remove drm, store my book on an external drive and drag and drop the file to my reader.

Last edited by Joy736; 11-23-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I also had never had any problem with my T1.
I also don't use the SONY PC software.
Calibre is much better.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
I came from the PRS600 and I love my new reader, too. I didn't even install the Library Software, it is nothing compared to calibre. I had the problem that it skips a page sometimes, but that is no big deal.
Very nice is how light the reader is, compares to the 600 or the 505 it weighs nothing.
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
No Reader software = no wifi ..?

I agree with all about Calibre v. Reader but if you don't at least install it onto PC and sync, doesn't that mean you can't use the wifi capabilities that the T1 has ?
A criticism that Sony has answered with the introduction of the T1.

I appreciate there's no "non-wifi" model option, but isn't that the key point, you can now buy & d/load books wifi-ly without a PC ?

Nothing to stop you using it with Calibre in the "old-fashioned" way (store-PC-reader) if you want, naturally, and I'm not saying that's a bad approach if you don't need/want the bells and whistles. (i.e. have a non-wifi option but having paid for wifi capability !)

And you can still use the browser and also get free books from the likes of MR and Gutenberg, say, using the wifi.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #7
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
I usually don't use wifi, it was more important to me, to have a lightweight reader now. I tried wifi with the calibre server, but it is easier for me to use calibre...
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #8
wass
wass began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Sony PRS-T1
Hi !

My gf has the T1 and even if she's not able to buy from the reader store as it's not open yet in france (A shame... looks like Sony's not hurry to make business) we can upload epubs on dropbox, connect on it with the reader, download them in wifi without even installing the crappy software on our mac and tada ! They appears in the library. Fast, easy
wass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Indeed. I am just using the wifi and only use reader software to back up books. Borrowing books from library over wifi is great. Look forward so seing if sony store is worth using and cheap enough.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I agree with all about Calibre v. Reader but if you don't at least install it onto PC and sync, doesn't that mean you can't use the wifi capabilities that the T1 has ?
Not at all. I have had My T1 for over a month and have never connected it to a computer, not even once. The day I bought it, I used the reader to connect to my router, signed into my Sony acct, and downloaded the books I needed directly from Sony. Since then I have subscribed to a newspaper and purchased a number of books, all without ever physically connecting my reader to my PC. I also side-loaded a few items using a micro SD card.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #11
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Just got it yesterday, what impresses me most, is the browser. I thought, it would be slow and lagging, flashing all the time. Because of this I waited to see, what bookeen's Odyssey can offer.
Well, also the Odyssey seems to be a bit buggy right now, plus: no collections, no dictionaries (except the french one at the moment), so I skipped it for the moment and consented to the "not so cool browser". What can I say? The scrolling is faster and less flashy than expected, quite close to the HSIS I saw in some videos. The possibility to use the keys is a very nice feature, it supports cookies, so logging in to accounts is possible.
It's pretty much, what I want from a browser in such a device. Sure, it's not like browsing on a tablet, but hey, it's an eInk device. Having experienced the PB302, the PRS-T1 is a joy to use, much better from the start already.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote