Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #391
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Ordered sept 19th.
I ordered 9/25. You should be ahead in the queue
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #392
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
When did you order? Hopefully not on release day! If so, I guess I can stop feeling like I was the only release day buyer who still doesn't have a Paperwhite. :-)
Twowheels, do you live in Alaska or something?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #393
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Nope, in a fairly large city in California.

That said, it's now "Out for Delivery" as of 9:20 this morning!!!

Now I just hope that I got a good one, given the horror stories I've been reading! I have to admit that I've lost some of my enthusiasm.
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #394
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Nope, in a fairly large city in California.

That said, it's now "Out for Delivery" as of 9:20 this morning!!!

Now I just hope that I got a good one, given the horror stories I've been reading! I have to admit that I've lost some of my enthusiasm.
Some people really love theirs, maybe it depends on one's eye sight. Mine is very good.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #395
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Some people really love theirs, maybe it depends on one's eye sight. Mine is very good.
Yeah its usually the small minority that are unhappy that are the most vocal.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #396
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Yeah its usually the small minority that are unhappy that are the most vocal.
(I think she meant her eyesight is good, not her Paperwhite.)
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #397
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
I asked Twowheels the same thing! Maybe the delivery system in your area is transitioning... maybe. LOL...

Quote:
That's what I was thinking. One person may notice the bright spots on the bottom, another one notices the shadows on the bottom.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #398
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
If people are getting 3G Paperwhites as replacements for non-3G units (as reported), then why did my 3G Paperwhite get its shipping date pushed back four weeks? Even a non-3G I ordered days later arrived here four days ago.

If there is a shortage of 3G kindles, then why use them for replacements? If no shortage, then why the big delay on my order?

I hope it is not because I ordered three when the per-customer limit was five, and now they changed the limit to two.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #399
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
(I think she meant her eyesight is good, not her Paperwhite.)
Oh, duh, I did not understand what was meant. Yes, my eye sight is excellent, my 5 units not so much, which I would have the pleasure not to know, if only my eye sight weren't as good as it is.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #400
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
If people are getting 3G Paperwhites as replacements for non-3G units (as reported), then why did my 3G Paperwhite get its shipping date pushed back four weeks? Even a non-3G I ordered days later arrived here four days ago.

If there is a shortage of 3G kindles, then why use them for replacements? If no shortage, then why the big delay on my order?
Hmm. I think a few people got bumped up to 3G in the beginning, but I'm pretty sure they stopped free upgrades (probably when the percentage of returns got too high). I haven't seen anyone mention getting upgraded lately, just a steady stream of bad replacements. For example, I started out with a bad Wifi/SO, I got a replacement (bad) Wifi/SO.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #401
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:

I hope it is not because I ordered three when the per-customer limit was five, and now they changed the limit to two.
I think what is happening is that all these subpar units need to be replaced ASAP, so the people waiting for theirs original one are suffering, independently form what kind of device they ordered. But then, when you finally do get yours, rest assured that your replacements will cause someone else's original shipment to get delayed. It sucks, no matter how you look at it. They should have never launched these units like this.

I keep hoping that all these crappy units will be replaced by them a few months from now, in which case I would just hold on to what I have.... so depressing.

Coming to think about it, this is creating the type of shortage an iPad would cause, but it is kind of artificial at this point.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #402
xendula
eBookworm

I got one 3G and one Wifi SO today, actually, but I only got the 3G because they were telling me how it was impossible to get any replacements for the Wifi SO until 10/16. Lo and behold, hours later, the Wifi SO's are magically available for overnight shipping again. I would like to understand what the heck is going on in these centers.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #403
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Yeah! I finally got mine! I'll write up my impressions in a more appropriate thread! [overall, I got a good one, though I see what people are talking about, and I have some ideas to share]
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #404
Martytoof
Enthusiast
Martytoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Got in touch with my "supplier" in the states. Ordered on the 2nd, est. ship on the 25th, as with most people I read about. Would love for that to get bumped down a week or so, but like I said -- after shipping from Florida to Canada I'm just happy if it gets here early November
Martytoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #405
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
Quote:

Man that would piss me off so bad. Mine is still reporting Oct 16th as the Delivery Estimate... Not so sure that's going to happen... (PW 3G NSO, btw...)
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote