Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
to 2.2 or not to 2.2?

Wasn't looking for a pe, but got in on the woot deal. I've been reading the forum her; lots of good info. What are the pros and cons of upgrading to 2.2 from 1.6? Is it worth the upgrade?
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
The only down I found was that the lcd side is a tad less responsive with the upgrade. It is still very useable, just a tad less than before. As it is it is better than my pandigital novel.

No other problems at all.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #3
Franky
Nameless Being

I was ignorng it for a long time. I'm one of the first users of te eDGe, but recently i swapped. Gottah say it's worth it. Great update. Just a minor bug iwit my browser, but with help of the forum fixed.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
nicosomething
nicosomething began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
After the update I was able to start watching videos online, mostly YouTube, without too many glitches (turn off the high quality playback on the web page).

I think that the system menus are a bit more user friendly now too, which is a minor concern.

I used 1.6 for a week after I got my Pocket Edge, to make sure I had a feel for it before I updated it. The files and directions from this forum made the process pretty darn easy and I have not regretted it.

Remember to back up your documents first!
nicosomething is offline   Reply With Quote