Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Kobo website shows a book as "in my library." Erm... it isn't!

Has anyone else experienced this yet?

Sure, I've "almost" bought the few times, but then hit the back button.

I once had a preview. Deleted it ages ago. The book is not on my desktop, not in "My Library", and not in "Purchases" on the Kobo website.

And now, if I want to buy it, I get the book's page, and "This item is in your library." - or "View in your library." or some such thing.

Bizarre!
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
beckybug3
Enthusiast
beckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Touch, a dead Kobo Aura HD, and a dead Kobo Wifi
Call Kobo. They will get the book into your library fairly quickly.
beckybug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, beckybug3 - but the thing is it was never in my library in the first place!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Are you getting the new website or the old? Have you tried looking up the book from your Kobo device, if you have one?

I haven't had your particular problem, but I have noticed a few inconsistencies between what I see on the new website with my browser (Linux+Firefox) and what I see when browsing the bookstore from my Kobo Glo. There are some books that I can't see on the new website that I can see from my Glo. It is as if the new website is not accessing the same database that the old website and devices are.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
vampiregrave
vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kobo Glo
Happened to me to while testing some of the free eBooks I've uploaded via Kobo Writing Life. I permanently deleted one of the eBooks and I couldn't add it again because the correspondent store page showed only "View in your library"...
vampiregrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
beautifulsoup
Addict

Long story short, a call to Customer Service fixed things.