Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
bitemeok
Connoisseur
bitemeok began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Reader Library problem

I recently tried to follow some advice posted here on creating collections for my reader using reader library, and somehow or other in doing so reader library stopped recognizing my reader. After plugging my reader in and clicking on "reader" in the reader library software, the reader option disappears and my computer also no longer registers the reader as being connected. Any ideas about what's going on and how to correct the problem?

Well uninstalling and reinstalling the software seems to have fixed the problem.

Last edited by bitemeok; 08-14-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Solved problem
bitemeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:02 AM   #2
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Also try Calibre (Theres a forum for it here on MR) it's much better at that kind of stuff than Reader Library,

Good Luck,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Mazmann
Mazmann is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS 300
Hi Guys,

I have never been able to get on with the Sony Software, I love the reader but when I plug it into my PC it just sits there with the status bit going around and around.
It does not see all the books I have on it too. I must admit I use Calibre and find it so much better.

Mazmann
Mazmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Long shot, but. If you accidentally click on the ^ on the same line as the Reader icon, it will disconnect the reader.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
bitemeok
Connoisseur
bitemeok began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Thanks for the responses--I do use Calibre for some things but I'm not aware how to use it to create collections on the reader or move things to collections. I think Angst is right--I did click that triangle trying to get it to display the collections, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't recognize the device after it ejected. i'll avoid that icon in the future.
bitemeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert