Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Three out of four of my eggs have now hatched. (I have one that's posted at another site, for experimental comparison purposes.) One of them is even starting to develop wings and has identified as female. But they all have "hatchling sickness," meaning too many views, so they're all fogged. I did take a screenshot of the little cuties, though. Unfortunately, the network here at the college makes it impossible to upload graphics elsewhere.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #17
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, my hatchlings seem to have gotten over the sniffles or whatever. Aren't they cute?

That green egg will probably hatch tomorrow, but then it may have hatchling sickness. My, these critters are fragile!
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #18
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Mine appear to be doing pretty well. Cute little buggers.

Oh ... must sign off. Early day tomorrow.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #19
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I think I've been posting more than Ricky, or at least having posts viewed more, which is why my eggs and hatchlings have been fussier than hers. No matter, they're almost grown now.

I'm trying to convince the crowd over at dragcave.net to implement a simple genetics system. I guess I can never leave well enough alone.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #20
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Possibly this should go in the "Vent and rant" thread, but it's rather a specialized rant.

There's a discussion board for this little sig game. One area is for suggestions. There's a "things not to suggest" list, which includes "genetics." Someone else posted a question as to why that's not to be suggested. The general response seemed to be that it would add too much complexity to the code. I (and a couple of other people) suggested a very simple form of color handling that would allow for the idea of a "hidden" color per dragon based on parentage, so that if one picked up an "abandoned" egg there might be a chance of getting a different color on breeding, kind of to add interest and give people a chance of getting some of the rarer breeds without camping on the "Cave" page and clicking like a maniac. The code is easy, no massive updates would be required to the database (one column would be added and it would only be updated for previously existing dragons if they bred), and several people seemed interested in the idea. But a couple of people seem dead set against the idea as well, including some long-time players of the game, for reasons that aren't clear.

The thing I find irritating is when someone continues to block a new idea without bothering to actually try to understand the new idea, just because it reminds them of something else they didn't like, or they don't like change, or whatever. If I suggest something and someone says, "that's been suggested-- here's why it won't work" and the problem is relevant to my idea, I understand. But when someone just constantly throws up objections that don't seem to have any connection to what's actually been suggested... well, let's just say I won't be missing my MR time to hang around with the Dragon Cave crowd.
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #21
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
What a bunch of boring spoil-sports they sound!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #22
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wow Neko, your dragons are getting so big!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #23
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

The white and gray ones are as big as they'll get (barring a change in the game code-- which is under discussion, as I understand it). The purple one grew up, too, but I don't think I should put them all in the sig line. I'm not sure what's up with the green one. It's been stuck at the same state for quite a while now. It's not getting sick, though, either, so I guess it's all good.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #24
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
The white and gray ones are as big as they'll get (barring a change in the game code-- which is under discussion, as I understand it). The purple one grew up, too, but I don't think I should put them all in the sig line. I'm not sure what's up with the green one. It's been stuck at the same state for quite a while now. It's not getting sick, though, either, so I guess it's all good.
Enjoy them while they last-- I may see if any of them want to have eggs, but my interest in the whole thing is waning a bit, due to the less than stellar experiences with the user group.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #25
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Whoops -- hit "quote" instead of "edit." Oh well, it's nearly 2am here. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:08 AM   #26
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Enjoy them while they last-- I may see if any of them want to have eggs, but my interest in the whole thing is waning a bit, due to the less than stellar experiences with the user group.
Do you mean the Dragon Cave user group? I just registered but have not visited their forum. Your dragons look pretty.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #27
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
According to the description, he may not get any larger. "Large Lizard" and all...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #28
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Neko did you just get rid of two eggs?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #29
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

The eggs get "soft shell sickness" if they get too many views too quickly, so I fogged some of them.

Edit: Actually, one hatchling and one egg are presently fogged. You might need to shift-reload to see the current status of the dragons.

pshrynk, yes, the green dragon is now as large as he's going to get. I tried to see if he and the white dragon might be interested in one another, but they said "nothing doing" so I've concluded that they see each other more as siblings or something. (He's the only male dragon I've got at present.)
Old 01-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #30
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

A current snapshot of the gang, all eggs and hatchlings unfogged:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	incubator_nekokami_011809.png
Views:	243
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	21672