Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Klippy
Enthusiast
Klippy began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Files on external drive for Calibre

I have my books on an external hard drive. I transfer them from my computer to the hard drive in a dated folder. Once I pull that folder into Calibre I have noticed that calibre creates an authers folder on my hard drive. So what I am asking is do I need to keep the dated folders on my hard drive or can I delete them once Calibre has put these books into other folders? Does that make a lick of sense???
Klippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippy View Post
I have my books on an external hard drive. I transfer them from my computer to the hard drive in a dated folder. Once I pull that folder into Calibre I have noticed that calibre creates an authers folder on my hard drive. So what I am asking is do I need to keep the dated folders on my hard drive or can I delete them once Calibre has put these books into other folders? Does that make a lick of sense???
All books added to Calibre are COPIED to the Library folders (which you should not mess with, at least until you know what you can do without creating a mess).

Delete, Archive... whatever with the originals once Calibre has the books within its clutches.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert