Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
DesmondD
DesmondD began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Sigil on macbook

Hi, I recently published my first ebook on photography with the help of someone on the other side of the world who formatted the word document for me .
I would like to learn to do the conversion myself and was advised to use Sigl.
I have downloaded it and installed it on my Macbook pro but it crashes each time I try to open it. Any suggestions? [ I know nothing about converting to ebook format besides the fact that the guy helping me converted my file to mobi and epub ]
DesmondD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
What version of OSX you are trying to run it on? Version 10.6 and lower is not supported.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #3
DesmondD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
What version of OSX you are trying to run it on? Version 10.6 and lower is not supported.
10.6.8 - doesn't sound good then
Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Perhaps pdurrant will compile a new version for 10.6.8 again. He did it before in the past, but it is not supported.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I had a little trouble compiling it with QT5 this time, and I haven't had time to sort out the problem yet.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
DesmondD

So what program would others suggest I use instead please?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmondD View Post
So what program would others suggest I use instead please?
an older version perhaps. A commercial program called Pages for the mac can create ePub files.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 03-18-2013 at 02:40 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
DesmondD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
an older version perhaps. A commercial program called Pages for the mac can create ePub files.

Dale
Thanks, I'll look into that when I get home from work - 7:45 am in New Zealand now
Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
FYI, Qt 5's binary build is Apple Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion” Cocoa 64-bit. I'm not sure if it can even be build for an older version of OS X.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #10
DesmondD

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
FYI, Qt 5's binary build is Apple Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion” Cocoa 64-bit. I'm not sure if it can even be build for an older version of OS X.
Thanks for the info - looks like I might have to try Sigl on my desktop PC.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #11
zacsmith
zacsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPhone 3GS
I'm not ready to upgrade to Lion, so I'm running Sigil 0.6.1 with no problems on my Mac Mini (OSX 10.6.8). The older install files are fairly easy to find.

zac
zacsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
DesmondD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacsmith View Post
I'm not ready to upgrade to Lion, so I'm running Sigil 0.6.1 with no problems on my Mac Mini (OSX 10.6.8). The older install files are fairly easy to find.

zac
Thanks very much, I'm busy downloading it now
Old 03-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
zacsmith
zacsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPhone 3GS
Glad to help...

zack
zacsmith is offline   Reply With Quote