Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Arunachala
Arunachala began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Best way to make Ebooks form PDF file

Before embarking upon converting PDF to Ebooks I would like guidance from experienced members of the forum. I plan to convert in two stages. First converting from PDF to Html using Mobi Creator and then converting to Epub or Mobi using Calibre as suggested by Sinan in his post. I would like to hear from members with experience in PDF to ebooks conversion if my approach is correct or is there a better way. I would also like to know if using k2pdfopt is desirable instead of Mobi creator.
Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Arunachala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Welcome to the forum!

My experience with PDF's is limited, but that's because I could never get them to work for me. Conversion seemed to take too long for it to be worth the trouble. MobiCreator worked for converting from PDF to HTML, but then the HTML was so messy that the ePub or Mobi output was a steaming pile of formatting errors. Admittedly, I have very limited knowledge when it comes to performing these tasks.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunachala View Post
Before embarking upon converting PDF to Ebooks I would like guidance from experienced members of the forum. I plan to convert in two stages. First converting from PDF to Html using Mobi Creator and then converting to Epub or Mobi using Calibre as suggested by Sinan in his post. I would like to hear from members with experience in PDF to ebooks conversion if my approach is correct or is there a better way. I would also like to know if using k2pdfopt is desirable instead of Mobi creator.
Thanks in advance for your guidance.
You both should read the sticky above https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118605

Some (a small percentage) conversions take over 1000 minutes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ebooks, pdf conversion