Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
mshellberg
mshellberg began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre server -> stanza, incorrect titles

I'm using the Calibre server to get books in Stanza on the iPad. Unfortunately they show up with an incorrect title attribute.

If my book hosted on the server is titled:
"ThisBookTitle - ItsAuthor.epub"
When I download them to Stanza it shows:
Title: "ItsAuthor-ThisBookTitle_###"
Author: "Unknown"
I'm trying to get books to come in looking like:
Title: "ThisBookTitle" or maybe even
Title: "SeriesName SeriesIndex ThisBookTitle"
Author: "ItsAuthor"
The ### seems to be an index used by Calibre since it's appended to the folder holding the epub in the library location.

I've played with the settings under "Preferences>Add/Save>Sending to device" without any luck. I presume that the "Send to device" function is different than the content server function, correct? How does one correct the attributes in Stanza via the Calibre content server? Is there a place where you can specify the title parsing (as in the Add/Save preferences) for the server?

I'm starting the server via command line instead of running the Calibre gui should that make a difference in the answer.

Thanks for any help.
-Matt
mshellberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Does the epub file not have correct metadata?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
mshellberg

Nope, the metadata is correct. I edit/correct it book by book as I add them to Calibre. Even if the data was incorrect why would my titles come out with the "_###" suffix on them? Is there a preference setting somewhere that controls how these names are parsed when downloaded from Calibre server?

Thanks for the great program by the way. At first I only used it for the conversion function, but it's steadily grown on me. I -really- appreciate not having to plug in an iDevice to get books.

Thanks
-Matt
Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you have the preference setting for reading metadata only from filenames set?
Old 06-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
mshellberg

No. "Preferences>Add/Save>Adding Books>Read meta data only from file name" is un-checked.

I doubt it affects the issue but I'm running Calibre on two computers. Computer #1, where I do all my converting & metadata input, points to a library stored on computer #2. Computer #2 is running Calibre server via command line and pointing to the same library.

What setting would cause the "_###" suffix?

I'm beginning to wonder if it's Stanza, since nobody else has this problem.

-Thanks

Last edited by mshellberg; 06-18-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That looks like the filename from a send to device operation. In other words the metadata is coming from the filename instead of the file itself.