Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 03:25 AM   #1
sandy123
sandy123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation I need your advice..pls

I would like to buy a perfect ereader that supports pdf files and has no glare at all. I like the one which is attractive and can be read without effort.

I choose sony prs-505. Do you think that is suitable for me.
From where could I buy it? I want an authentic store that can ship me this device without any trouble or lost.

I go to Amazon store and find the new device has different prices. How it comes. Why can't I buy it from sony. Amazon's prices are very high than the price which sony declares when it released this device

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sandy123; 04-08-2010 at 03:27 AM.
sandy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Lose the ghastly font in your messages, please, or else you aren't going to get many readers!

First point: you cannot buy a device that "has no glare at all". There's no such thing as a completely non-reflective screen.

The PRS-505 is a reasonable enough device, but it's a little "long in the tooth" now, and it has a number of shortcomings - eg no folder support, and very poor ePub rendering.

I would personally suggest looking at the BeBook Neo for a 6" device, or the Pocketbook 360 for a 5" device. Both are very good, and have excellent screens.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert