Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Need help to set up public library on kobo

I have a Kobo Mini and I never tried to set up my public library (as I had a dedicated button on my Sony ereader) so I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.
It does not open in Adobe Digital Editions as I followed instructions how to set it up.

I think the problem is here; Because I have Reader (app on Mac for Sony reader) it goes to this library. Do I uninstall Reader, or what do Sony readers do?

Last edited by bcgirl; 11-19-2014 at 12:08 PM.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Hi bcgirl. It's possible that the Kobo Mini isn't compatible with the (very new) Digital Editions 4.0. You can get 3.0 or 2.0.1 here; I use 2.0.1 with my Aura HD and can basically guarantee it will work with your Mini.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Kobo forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Hi bcgirl. It's possible that the Kobo Mini isn't compatible with the (very new) Digital Editions 4.0. You can get 3.0 or 2.0.1 here; I use 2.0.1 with my Aura HD and can basically guarantee it will work with your Mini.
Thank you so much for your help. I downloaded the 2.0. However, I just tried and it still shows a black cover on the Kobo Mini. Clicking on it gives me the same message. Maybe I will reset again (which I did this morning already) and start again.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
My mother has a Sony T1 and a Kobo Mini and loads library books onto both, so having the Sony Reader app and ADE installed together shouldn't be a problem. (She uses ADE 2.0.1).

One thing to check is that the time/date is set correctly, on both the ereader and the computer running ADE.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
bcgirl
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! It worked! I had to delete and remove Digital Editions 4.0 of course. Then I installed 2.01 and repeated my steps. It is on my Kobo Mini!!!!