Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Smile I just Ordered my H2O and now I want

Hey all, now that Kobo has officially announced the newest member of their family, and have opened the flood gates to the I want Virus! I thought I would start a thread so that we can have some fun.

Basic rules,

have fun and keep it clean.

ok here it goes.....

I have ordered my H20 and now I want a thinner newer faster unit coated in the material that keeps it dry! Oh yeah still want that soft ice cream machine built in as well.

regards

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I just want WHSmith to take pre orders and promise delivery at the end of the month.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #3
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
....to be able to pre-order a case for it! Still don't see any offerings for an H2O case on the Kobo website.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:05 PM   #4
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Chapters/Indigo online has the "official" sleepcover for the H20. Expensive, though. $49.99.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:51 PM   #5
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Chapters/Indigo online has the "official" sleepcover for the H20. Expensive, though. $49.99.
Do you have a link? I can't find a sleep cover for the H2O on their site, I see the one for the HD but nothing for H2O.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2014, 12:27 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Do you have a link? I can't find a sleep cover for the H2O on their site, I see the one for the HD but nothing for H2O.
Doing a search found this link:

Kobo Aura H2O sleepcover pre-order

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
A lower cost touch model (6" or 7") with the latest eink screen.

Wider availability at US retailers.

for software, a reading-only mode: trap anywhere on page to page forward and no header.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #8
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Ditto for wider availability at U.S. retailers.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I need to find out if I can get the Aura H2O from local retailers. if I can, I might order from there.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
How about a complimentary snorkel to go with each H2O?
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #11
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
How about a complimentary snorkel to go with each H2O?
Your in Marketing right?

The only other thing I would add to your snorkel is a Mask so you can read.

regards

Jack
Old 09-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #12
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Doing a search found this link:

Kobo Aura H2O sleepcover pre-order

Regards,
David
Has anyone else noticed that the sleep covers are exceedingly high priced when purchased from Kobo/Indigo? even though the cost to manufacture must be very small? If it had electronics, a solar panel that provided a continuous charge when left in any lighted condition, I could understand the cost. but really 50$ for what basically is nothing more then pressed cardboard(plastic) and (fake)leather and a small magnet. Seems ungodly high!

regards

Jack
Old 09-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #13
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the sleep covers are exceedingly high priced when purchased from Kobo/Indigo? even though the cost to manufacture must be very small? If it had electronics, a solar panel that provided a continuous charge when left in any lighted condition, I could understand the cost. but really 50$ for what basically is nothing more then pressed cardboard(plastic) and (fake)leather and a small magnet. Seems ungodly high!

regards

Jack
There's nothing astonishing about the price. It's typical. Do you think the official cover for the Kindle Paperwhite is worth $40? The HDX cover is $50. It is no suprise to me whatsover that the Aura H2O cover is $50.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Sure the sleep covers are a complete rip-off, but apparently there's an adequate number of people willing to graciously bend over and accept it. Demand is surely setting the price.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #15
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
There's nothing astonishing about the price. It's typical. Do you think the official cover for the Kindle Paperwhite is worth $40? The HDX cover is $50. It is no suprise to me whatsover that the Aura H2O cover is $50.
point well Made..... I should have been more generalized though... but your right its not just kobo pricing on covers its all ebook makers. Supply and Demand.

regards

JAck