Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
SD Card with Auto-nooter

Haven't seen this anywhere so will ask here......

If I don't reformat and wipe the card that I used to root, can I use it on another NC to root it? Was thinking of getting my daughter one - and of course she has to have it rooted also. She would not be happy at all if I had a rooted one that did everything, and she had one that only read books!
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
As long as the version number on the NOOKcolor matches the version number for the SD card.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.

Quick (I think) question since you're here. How do you get icons on the home screens? Mine are totally empty. Not at all like my Android phone with press and hold to add things.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What launcher (home screen replacement) are you using?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
One thing I can tell you - if you purchase a second Nook Color, and you use ADB to apply push installs to the NC, you may have to reinstall the USB driver when you plug the newer NC into the computer to get it to recognize.

So if this is your second NC that you are trying to connect to your computer for ADB push installs, be sure to visit here, scroll down and review the WinXP/Win7 USB driver installation:

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_USB_ADB

You will not need to repeat step I and step II, but rather begin with step III.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
NoName
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
What launcher (home screen replacement) are you using?
I installed ADW launcher, but haven't figured it out yet. Thought of getting launcher pro but don't know that either.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
NoName
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
One thing I can tell you - if you purchase a second Nook Color, and you use ADB to apply push installs to the NC, you may have to reinstall the USB driver when you plug the newer NC into the computer to get it to recognize.

So if this is your second NC that you are trying to connect to your computer for ADB push installs, be sure to visit here, scroll down and review the WinXP/Win7 USB driver installation:

Thanks for the link. Most likely it'll be on her computer as she's in a different city (as in across the ocean) from me. Probably get it / do it when I visit her.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
mikewrenn
mikewrenn began at the beginning.

Device: prs900
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post

You do not have to alter or reconfigure the native Nook USB drivers. Use ABD Wireless from the Marketplace to access the rooted Nook instead. Update the rooted device to accept non-marketplace installs and then download apps directly with the browser or push them from, say a NAS or PC, using a good file manager like Estrong's.
mikewrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
ADW.Launcher can be found by searching for it in the Android Market. It will download and install like any other App.

I only had to use the push install for one thing - the "gallery3d.apk" that I really like, far more than the nasty B&N gallery. Otherwise, I doubt you would require ADB access at this point.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
I installed ADW launcher, but haven't figured it out yet. Thought of getting launcher pro but don't know that either.
Stick with ADW. With Launcher Pro you're stuck with a icons on a dock that can't be replaced (e.g. phone icon).

So, to get app icons on your screen go to the list of apps within ADW. Look at the dock at the bottom. Find a box with four squares, tap it. This is called the app drawer. Find the app you want to appear on one of your screens. Give it a long press and it will be placed on the home screen that you're presently at.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
NoName
Zealot

Got it. Thanks.