Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Auto-Nooter Droid X Multi-touch Keyboard (Rooted NOOKcolor)

Those who used the auto process to root...did you have to enable the Droid X keyboard that was installed automatically or did it just appear by default?

Would someone please post a screenshot of the replacement keyboard.

Here's the keyboard I installed and want to know if it's the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-23-4.png
Views:	510
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	63401   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-23-8.png
Views:	509
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	63403  

Last edited by SCION; 12-23-2010 at 06:37 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
JoeSchmoo
JoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
My keyboard looks exactly like your image. I didn't do anything extra after I auto-nootered.
JoeSchmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, thank you. I'll pass the info along. Someone inquired that they did the auto-nooter thing and didn't think they got the new keyboard. So, it becomes the default keyboard automatically.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Alright, what went wrong?

Quote:
Let's get started:

1 Download Auto-Nooter from here: auto-nooter-2-12-18.img.zip
I clicked and got a blank page that says done.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

I clicked on it and got a window that says What should Firefox do with this file? (Open or Save).
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I clicked on it and got a window that says What should Firefox do with this file? (Open or Save).
Not me. Looks like auto-rooting is out. I'll give the manual method a shot after the holidays.

As a side; I tried to set up another gmail account for this, but stopped when Google insisted on a verifiable phone number to authenticate the account. Idiots!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
As a side; I tried to set up another gmail account for this, but stopped when Google insisted on a verifiable phone number to authenticate the account. Idiots!!!
That's extreme on their part. That has to be a very recent requirement. Several days ago I set up a new account and that wasn't required.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
That's extreme on their part. That has to be a very recent requirement. Several days ago I set up a new account and that wasn't required.
Except for the account I use for orders, the rest of my email accounts use fake info.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Except for the account I use for orders, the rest of my email accounts use fake info.
That's your prerogative. They still shouldn't ask for phone number.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
That's your prerogative. They still shouldn't ask for phone number.
They're getting just a bit too nosy now.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
Yeah, that's the keyboard I got. Just don't like it is all. Must be OK.
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

I like it more than the stock one. It's not ideal (no arrows), but it's good.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:18 AM   #13
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:

Right click, 'Save target as'... that'll download the file for you.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
Right click, 'Save target as'... that'll download the file for you.
Thanks, that worked. I now have the file, but the instructions leave much to be desired.

Quote:
2 Windows: Unzip and use WinImage to "Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image" to your SDcard.
How do you use WinImage to "Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image" to your SDcard?

Am I to assume they expect me to have additional knowledge beyond the instructions they provided? I've never used WinImage before and had to download the free trial to get it.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #15
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Win 7? Right click on the shortcut, choose 'Run as Administrator'.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote