Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
midlifec
ebooks on iPhone fanatic
midlifec began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Where are my ebooks on iphone?

I sideload my ebooks into Stanza on my iphone 4S and they work fine but I can never find where they are stored. Only a few of them show up in itunes (shared files) and the same ones show up using other programs like iphone explorer BUT only about 20 appear out of the 500 or 600 ebooks in my library.

Can anyone tell me where they are?
midlifec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
They are only stored in Stanza. Inside the application.: Stanza books are internally coded as oddly as iBooks, you wont find them by name. I use Phoneview on my Mac and it shows me that its Stanza.app-->Documents-->.Stanza-->Library then a numbered folder which contains the books... in mine, its 0-->280, 280.img and 280.thumb, 1--> etc. I have no idea what the books are.

Is that what you are asking?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
midlifec
ebooks on iPhone fanatic
midlifec began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Thanks for that. I found my way to the location you describe and it is a numbered list of thumbnails of the cover pictures and other files of mysterious code - the actual text of the epub is somewhere else I think!
Weird how some of my books - a few - are easily accessible, the others are in another folder, presumably....
But thanks for your reply.
midlifec is offline   Reply With Quote