Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Distract me pls D:

I'm done with all of my homework except for studying economics D: I have on exam on Tuesday but I feel so lazy. Plus, economics intimidates me D:

For some reason, I'm fine with computing interest rates and annuities and all that, but when it comes to the mathematics I encounter in economics, I feel like it's so overwhelming D:

We're supposed to study how to compute exchange rates and national income for the exam D:
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Zzzz...wha? What?

Sorry, I fell asleep when you mentioned enconomiczzzzz....

Wha?

Oh, yeah, distract you...well, I'm distracted by icecream and shiny lights. Perhaps if you get some LED Crunch icecream, that'll help distract you like it would me. It's worth giving a shot, because you never know what...

ahh...blinky light on microwave...hurrrrrrr...........
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:35 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ice cream, mmmmmm...

i'm not really much in the mood for food though. i'm trying not to download the free kindle ebooks right now, because i know that once i do, i'll completely put off studying and fail D:
Old 02-20-2011, 03:42 AM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I don't suppose the Cartoon Introduction to Economics would help?

But then, Volume I is for Microeconomics alone, so it would only help a little bit.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:43 AM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
ice cream, mmmmmm...

i'm not really much in the mood for food though. i'm trying not to download the free kindle ebooks right now, because i know that once i do, i'll completely put off studying and fail D:
Download free epub or lrf books instead and convert them in Calibre.

You know no-one's going to help you, don't you? In an Unutterably Silly thread, given the choice between encouraging you to study and encouraging you to download free kindle books, well you know which way we're going to fall.

Cheers,
Marc
PS. Seriously, all the best in your studies (if you get around to it ) and exams. That your efforts'll pay off in the long run is just basic economiczzzzzzz...
Old 02-20-2011, 03:45 AM   #6
wyndslash
Wizard

i'm not really asking for help. i do want to chat with people, though xD

*ropes you* stay D:
Old 02-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
i'm not really asking for help. i do want to chat with people, though xD

*ropes you* stay D:
Good. Just double-checking. Some few people have been known to start a thread in The Lounge with an Unutterably Silly tag and then actually expect help? Craziness. As it is, that ATDrake above has been borderline helpful, and I'm currently giving him the virtual stink-eye for befouling the Silliness with potential usefulness. Bad ATDrake! Bad!

Cheers,
Marc (about to be distracted by pizza...)
Old 02-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #8
wyndslash
Wizard

XD

pizza o.o....

what flavor?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 AM   #9
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Still chatting?
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:05 AM   #10
wyndslash
Wizard

yes, i'm still here XD

what's up?

i like the lounge. it's laid back. the other parts of the forum can get rather aggressive >_>
Old 02-20-2011, 04:09 AM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
As it is, that ATDrake above has been borderline helpful, and I'm currently giving him the virtual stink-eye for befouling the Silliness with potential usefulness. Bad ATDrake! Bad!
Well then, while I'm being bad, I will link to the most unhelpful link* I know of that isn't a tinfoil hat rant: TV Tropes' You Fail Economics Forever entry which shows that if one flunks out of understanding how the money works, at least they've got a bright future as a (script)writer who can make totally unworkable stuff up for the people to point and laugh at.

I hope this brings hope† to the OP.

* Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.
† Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:12 AM   #12
wyndslash
Wizard

cute link xD

/reads

hmm...i've been meaning to read brave new world, but one of my profs said it was pretty bad, and the movie was bad too.

well, i've taken my notes out and am slowly reviewing :P
Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
XD

pizza o.o....

what flavor?
Homemade everything, so thin, crispy base, my tomato sauce, slices of roast pumpkin and fresh tomato, and a small amount of fetta crumbled over (with a little bit of fresh oregano).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 02-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #14
wyndslash
Wizard

oh, not bad o: i just had dinner so i'm pretty full now xD

i can't decide which color to get from amazon's lighted cover set o:
Old 02-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #15
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

I bought the green...I do like it very much, but recommending colours can be a little too subjective for relevance, so I won't. What I will suggest is that you look at the comments on the user-contributed photos, as they sometimes mention and show that the colour in real life is slightly different from what Amazon's photos suggest (my green is not as "lime" as it appears, heading towards "apple").