Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
ny10522
Enthusiast
ny10522 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook, Kindle2, Kindle Touch 3G, Ipod Touch
DX: Contrast has Been Improved

I was pleasantly surprised by the improved contrast in the DX over the Kindle-2. Text is definitely darker and easier to read on non-PDF material. On PDF material I am seeing poor contrast on some but not all downloaded PDFs. All in all a significant improvement over the Kindle-2. In fact, I would recommend the DX over the Kindle 2 to all users just based on the contrast issue. Are other DX owners satisfied with PDF contrast?
ny10522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Is this a font improvement, or a screen improvement?

Pictures, please.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Others have reported this. To me the fonts look *exactly the same*. My background on the KDX is slightly lighter than the K2. I can only conclude that many people had bad K2 screens.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 AM   #4
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
In the Russian forum for Hanlin clones (see MobileRead's Hanlin forum for the links), they talk about the next models, and show pictures of them. At one point they specify that the screen will be Vizplex generation 5, compared to generation 3 in the current Hanlin V3.
That is what I understood thanks to Google's translations.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote