Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
print repr(mi)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
print repr(mi)
Same results. First print statement works, then nothing.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm that's just weird. OK re-open the ticket, I'll look at it again.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #19
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Kovid, the metadata script is working now, thanks for your help and patience!

I do have one last question... Is there any way to have the metadata plugin run AFTER file plugin?
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What are you trying to achieve?
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #21
Atley
Atley began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I saw on your site that there is a plugin to handle two cards on my Sony PRS-505. I am not sure where I would find the plugin.... there is not any link on your site that I have been able to find... could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Atley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Two card support will be in the 0.6 release of calibre
Old 06-05-2009, 04:35 AM   #23
Atley

This may not be the right forum for this question, and if so, I apologize.

I am having a problem with calibre, the books transfer well enough but I am not getting the collections.

is there a log file I can look at to see what may be causing the issue?

details:

I am transferring 470 books (as PDF) to my reader, some books with multiple tags, e.g. Wiley_ASP_.NET_2.0_From_The_Ground_Up.pdf has tags: Programming, .NET Framework 2.0, Web Programming

I am hoping that the second card support will help resolve this.

are there any known issues that would cause a tag to not transfer to the unit as a collection?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Are you using send to device or save to disk to transfer the books?
Old 06-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #25
Atley

Send to device - (I have the default location to send to set to the memory card on the device)
Old 06-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

in that case, no there are no known issues
Old 06-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #27
cartman
Connoisseur
cartman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505 (Blue)
I have got some issues with collections too, as i have lost them 2 or 3 times. I have seen it occur when the device resets after trying to open an lrf created from a web page, and i think it happened also after adding some books with calibre and unplugging the usb cable without safely removing the device (though i am sure all transfers were finished before doing that). After collections were lost, recopying books from calibre did not fix the issue, and i had to format the sd card and the internal memory to get them to work again.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #28
Atley

that is what happened to me, although I did properly remove the device. if I added the books a bit at at time, the collections went over too, but at some point, before all my books were transferred, the collections would disappear.

I have almost 3000 books to transfer to two cards... this is becoming a real problem.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #29
Atley

it is frustrating that the device supports cards that have capacity for numbers of books that its software cannot support properly. your software is far better in this than theirs is, but it is still falling short of the mark.

I understand that these are XML files that are being generated and then supplied to the appropriate folders on the device in order for the device to generate the menus and collections.

is there any way to have a copy of the generated XML files stored in a folder on my machine as well as transferred to the device so that I can manually copy them into the correct directories or at least check them for correctness in the event of an issue?

That in itself would go a long way towards solving this delemma.

I have a feeling that there is an issue with the software actually on the device overwriting these files or perhaps timing out the connection after a certain time in the transfer. I would imagine that the collection XML for 470 books would be fairly large (especially since I have them quite often having between 2 and 5 tags per book for better separation).

I created an XML generator to test the theory and I would really like to see the results of the collection XML. My generator goes by folder and generates an xml entry for every PDF file within any of the folders recursively, it does not handle the generation of collections.

What language is your software written in?

Any suggestions?
Old 06-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre is written in python. there's nothing wrong with the XML catalaogs calibre generates. The SONY just tends to overwrite them everytime it resets. Frankly the SONY reader just isn't designed to support large numbers of books.