Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
alkadmzu
alkadmzu began at the beginning.

Device: PALM TX
Hi everybody

Hi everybody,

Since i'm a Frenchman, please excuse the errors I may commit in the english language... If I joined today, even after reading various post in your forums, it's mainly because I'm having a problem -which shouldn't be one- with Mobi Creator. unfortunately I can't resolve it by myself, so I'm going to post it in the "Format Conversion" forum. I hope it's the right one.
TIA for your help.
alkadmzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Salut alkadmzu, et bienvenue.

there are many very knowledgeable people here, i'm sure they will be able to help you with your Mobi problem.

don't hesitate to stop by the french forum as well, on y cause entre nous ! ^^

and if you need some respite from your conversion woes, there are many books already converted to mobi available for free here (some in french ! do a tag search for "français"), just click on "ebooks" in the blue menu bar at the top of the page.

good luck with your problem.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkadmzu View Post
Hi everybody,

Since i'm a Frenchman, please excuse the errors I may commit in the english language..
I will be happy to excuse the errors you may commit in the English language if your promise to excuse the errors I will certainly commit in the English language.

Besides, Zelda (above) might hurt me if I didn't.

Welcome aboard. Or, as they say in France, "Welcome aboard" (but in French, which I don't speak...or type, apparently ).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi alkadmzu and welcome to the Forum. You are automatically excused from any mistakes you may make in English. If you ever heard my disastrous attempts at French, you'd understand why.

Here's an example: my wife and I were in Cannes back in 04 and went for a drive along the coast. On the way back, we stopped at a beach-side bar for a glass of wine. Before we sat down we found the bathroom which turned out to be a single, one person at-a-time affair.

Anyway, my wife went in first and, when she came out, I walked her to a table and we ordered a glass of wine each then I walked back to the bathroom to find it now occupied. While I waited two elderly women came to wait behind me and it was clear one had to go very badly.

So, when the guy who'd been in there came out, I turned to the one woman, motioned for her to go in next and said in my faltering French, "Apres vous" but the scary thing is I got a bit rattled and almost said "Avec vous" . I probably wouldn't be here telling you this if I'd said that. I told my wife after wards and she sighed and ordered another glass of wine

On the plus side, I can order a glass of wine like a local.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, alkadmzu. Enjoy the forum! Don't worry about the English language. I brutalize it all the time!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
So, when the guy who'd been in there came out, I turned to the one woman, motioned for her to go in next and said in my faltering French, "Apres vous" but the scary thing is I got a bit rattled and almost said "Avec vous" . I probably wouldn't be here telling you this if I'd said that. I told my wife after wards and she sighed and ordered another glass of wine.
hee !!! excellent story !! i'll try to remember it, if anyone ever says to me "avec vous" while i'm waiting in line for the wc...

(you can see, alkadmzu, you really have nothing to worry about... )
Old 07-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
Not to worry. You can't do any think worst to it than I do on a sentence by sentence basis.

(thank the higher-powers for spell checkers)
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

tinmouse, you do us proud. only 10 posts, and already you're welcoming the n00ber-than-thou with the rest of us. we're glad to have you.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
*sigh*

something to do while I wait for the Mentor.
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
tINmOUSE don't be listening to Zelda's blandishments. She joined the Forum after I did and is close to 2,000 posts ahead of me. It's impossible to catch up to her. This is just a trap to get you to try.

And, if you do start catching up, she switches to her bathtub avatar and you suddenly find yourself just reading her posts and neglecting your own.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
tINmOUSE don't be listening to Zelda's blandishments. She joined the Forum after I did and is close to 2,000 posts ahead of me. It's impossible to catch up to her. This is just a trap to get you to try.

And, if you do start catching up, she switches to her bathtub avatar and you suddenly find yourself just reading her posts and neglecting your own.

(i can't help it if you're easily distracted...)
Old 07-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
So, when the guy who'd been in there came out, I turned to the one woman, motioned for her to go in next and said in my faltering French, "Apres vous" but the scary thing is I got a bit rattled and almost said "Avec vous" . I probably wouldn't be here telling you this if I'd said that. I told my wife after wards and she sighed and ordered another glass of wine
Hmm... it would have been a funny story if you had said avec vous, which my total lack of knowledge of French I am still able to understand due to the Moulin Ruoge movie.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote