Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Do we have a lending thread?

What the title says I understand we have the memorial library and ebook uploads for PD books. was wondering if we will have a lending thread for lending-enabled ebooks
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sounds like something for the moderators to decide. Personally, I like the idea. I have some 100+ books sitting in my Kindle account that I'd be willing to lend, provided there is something I'd like to borrow.

It does however, have the potential to turn into a nightmare for the moderators, unless there are some strict non-negotiable rules set up from the start.

Not withstanding that possibility, I think it is an idea worth pursuing.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Sounds like something for the moderators to decide. Personally, I like the idea. I have some 100+ books sitting in my Kindle account that I'd be willing to lend, provided there is something I'd like to borrow.

It does however, have the potential to turn into a nightmare for the moderators, unless there are some strict non-negotiable rules set up from the start.

Not withstanding that possibility, I think it is an idea worth pursuing.
for moment, i forgot about the reciprocity (sp?) concept. the communities i belong to just have a lending thread up; the thread consists of rules when borrowing, and there is no reciprocity needed, but of course, it's nice to share the love ! we usually pm other members from whom we'd like to borrow, and it's up to the latter to decide if they want to lend or not. amiable lenders have a shelf (on goodreads) called 'lendables' or kindle-lendables, or nook-lendables, what have you, where they put the books they want to lend.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote