Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
jsulak
jsulak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Wordcycler (Instapaper sync for Windows) update

It's been a while, but I wanted to announce a major update to Wordcycler, the little program for two-way syncing your e-book reader with Instapaper. The big changes are:
  • Wordcycler now supports syncing with Instapaper folders. For example, what I like to do is have a specific "Kindle" folder that I sync to my Kindle, and leave the default "To Read" folder for stuff I'd rather read on my computer.
  • If you have a Kindle, you can have Wordcycler use Amazon's kindlegen to create mobipocket files, instead of Wordcycler's built-in converter. Amazon's converter is a bit better - most noticeably it can include images. Since I can't distribute it, you have to go and download it yourself, but I think it's worth the effort.

Also, if you're a Wordcycler user, I recommend joining the new mailing list. You can also follow @wordcycler on Twitter, if you're in to that kind of thing.

If you aren't familiar with Wordcycler here's a brief description:

Wordcycler lives in the notification tray. When you connect your reader, it fetches your unread Instapaper items, saves them to the device as single articles, and (if you want) ejects it. When you finish reading an article, delete it from your reader, and it will be archived on Instapaper.com the next time you sync. And any articles that you read and archived on Instapaper.com in the meantime will be deleted from the reader as well. Wordcycler can also download the pre-made all-in-one bundles available from Instapaper.
jsulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Thumbs down Didn't work!

Doesn't work with me. Neither downloads files from Instapaper nor ejects device. Maybe default folder is "Read Later" and not "To Read"?
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
jsulak
jsulak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hey patilsaurabhr, I'm sorry to hear that. If you want to e-mail feedback@wordcycler.com with more details I can take a look.
jsulak is offline   Reply With Quote