Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #181
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
So just copy the 3 items from 2.1.5 to .kobo ?
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #182
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
So just copy the 3 items from 2.1.5 to .kobo ?
Yep
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #183
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

That seems to have worked perfectly, I'll what happens with the chapter problem.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #184
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #185
Chocky
Addict

Chapters appear to be OK now as well, so thank you for your help.

I'll wait until there is another stable firmware before I run Kobo desktop again.
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #186
Mrs_Often
Wizard

You're welcome! Glad you can get back to uninterrupted reading
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #187
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Glad you can get back to uninterrupted reading

I tried this too. It worked great! Back to 'normal' operation.

THANKS!

-V-
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #188
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
I tried this too. It worked great! Back to 'normal' operation.

THANKS!

-V-
Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 AM   #189
Mark W
Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Glo
Help !!
I am new to all this, I have just purchased a Kobo Glo. The first I had to return as it has dust under the screen, the 2nd I returned today as it turned on, asked for either wireless or computer setup, with the wireless, I set the date etc, confirmed my wireless network, then it downloaded an update. It then restarted and came back to the start again, asking for me to set it up, which I tried again, with the same result. By computer it went to downloading the upgrade and gets to the end before saying oops internet connection lost, which it isn't, and went back wanting me to set it up again. I returned this one after a few hours of frustration. The new one I picked up this after noon is doing the same thing.

I have looked through your forums and tried downloading the new firmware 2.3.1 and 2.3.2. Whilst extracting either I get a rar error saying the .tgz file is corrupt.

I am at the end of my tether as the one with the dust in the screen loaded without an issue.

Thanks

Mark
Mark W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #190
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Hi Mark,

I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble! And I really applaud your patience and stamina to get the Glo replaced with a new Glo each time.

Were al three Glo setups done on the same day? Or was the one with the dust under the screen setup a day or more before? It sounds like there is something wrong with the firmware files, and your computer warning you that the tgz is corrupt sort of confirms that. Perhaps the last two you tried were downloaded while Kobo was having server problems? I recall they were having difficulty with book payments (yesterday I think?) so maybe more things are going on. Try again today, maybe the issues are over.

If they're not, try again by setting up the Glo via the desktop, let it download the firmware but do not eject and disconnect. Instead, navigate to the hidden folder on the Glo: .kobo From there, delete three things:
- KoboRoot.tgz
- manifest.md5sum
- the folder named "upgrade"

Then download one of the zips I attached to this post (start with 2.3.1; that the most recent. You could also use 2.1.5, that is a more stable firmware but does not include book series information). Unzip the file and you'll get three items with the same names as the ones above. Copy those to the .kobo folder.

Then eject the device, and the Kobo should restart and upgrade itself.

If this does not work either, then your computer is doing something wrong with unpacking. I know some unzipping apps on a Mac want to further unzip the tgz file... In any case, I know the zips I added to this post work as I used them myself.

Good luck!!

The links below have now finished uploading.
Firmware 2.1.5
Firmware 2.3.1

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 01-26-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #191
Mark W
Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mark W is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi Mrs_Often

The first glo was done on Thursday (Australia time), the 2nd and 3rd ones Saturday (Australia time) during the day, its now 9.35 pm here, so it could have been your yesterday. lol.

I have used 2 different computers, just in case it was a computer specific issue, neither of which are macs.

I have just downloaded the 2.3.1 firmware, followed your instructions, and it has worked. It has gone through the setup and I have just inserted my sd card with books.

I am not going to be able to tell you how thankful I am. You are a genius. I was ready to give up. I was heading back to the store tomorrow to get my money back. I am just beside my self with happiness, as I really did not want to send it back.

Thank You so very much

Mark.
Mark W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #192
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
Hi Mrs_Often

The first glo was done on Thursday (Australia time), the 2nd and 3rd ones Saturday (Australia time) during the day, its now 9.35 pm here, so it could have been your yesterday. lol.

I have used 2 different computers, just in case it was a computer specific issue, neither of which are macs.

I have just downloaded the 2.3.1 firmware, followed your instructions, and it has worked. It has gone through the setup and I have just inserted my sd card with books.

I am not going to be able to tell you how thankful I am. You are a genius. I was ready to give up. I was heading back to the store tomorrow to get my money back. I am just beside my self with happiness, as I really did not want to send it back.

Thank You so very much

Mark.
I am so happy for you that it worked! And you're very welcome. Happy reading!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #193
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
anyone got a link to the new 2.4.0 glo firmware?
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:43 AM   #194
boh!
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post

When it came out??
Old 02-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #195
Reaper1242
Reaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
I'd be happy if they'd simply update the Touch to anything beyind 2.3.1 at this point.
Reaper1242 is offline   Reply With Quote