Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #106
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This isn't reliable. At least one of the cases I worked on last night, and possible a second, had a VPN running. In this case the gateway will be set to the VPN's virtual interface, not the physical interface it is tunneling over.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #107
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm willing to bundle it, for your testing you dont need a beta. Just stick the netifaces install into some directory and add it to sys.path before importing netifaces in calibre.
Thanks.

I have it working by adding the .egg to sys.path. FWIW: I needed to add distutils to sys.path as well.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #108
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Unzip the egg and extract the netifaces.pyd and use that. I've setup an beta build and automated upload but my internet connection is currently uploading at 5 kb/s, so assuming it doesn't die, the beta build will be at: http://calibre-ebook.com/downloads/b...bre-0.8.66.msi
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #109
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Upload completed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #110
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Upload completed.
Thanks.

I have upload bandwidth to spare (100 mb/s). To bad I can't give you some.

BTW: do you ever sleep? It must be around 1 AM where you are.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #111
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Wow, the performance increases with the latest version are fantastic. I just did my first sync since I was on the road and it only took about 15 seconds to update metadata. Great job with this app. The problem I was having with disconnects seems to have been fixed as well.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #112
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sync on the road? I thought you needed to be on your own network to sync. Please do tell.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #113
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I just did my first sync since I was on the road and it only took about 15 seconds to update metadata.
Sync on the road? I thought you needed to be on your own network to sync. Please do tell.
You do have to be on your own network. He was doing his first sync since being back.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:42 AM   #114
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I think he meant that he had just returned from being on the road.

You can connect CC from any network to any network if you have made the necessary incantations to make calibre visible. For example, if you:
  • use a fixed CC port in calibre
  • open that port on your home router (or whatever you have between you home net and the world)
  • set up a CC connection password
  • leave calibre running
  • have a fixed IP address on the internet or have a router that supports dynamic dns refresh
  • set up CC to use the IP address of dynamic DNS name of the internet port
then CC can connect from anywhere.

Of course, we immediately get to the question "OK, I can connect, but what is the point? Without a "pull" (browse) capability in CC I can't do much". The answer: you are right, not much. News and anything auto-scheduled in the reading list plugin would download, but you cannot "browse".

The above scenario is one reason why we are going to add "pull" to CC somehow. The debate we are having is "how". I will discuss this question in a different thread that I am writing now. I will add a link to the new thread here once it exists.

edit: the other thread is at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234

Last edited by chaley; 08-27-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:00 AM   #115
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I do excite easily (i've been told).
I thought I'd somehow missed a huge hidden secret in CC. But as I recall you have to push from Calibre, not pull from CC. Look forward to the new thread. Pulling from CC will make it nothing less than five star awesome (No, I don't get paid to say that).
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #116
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I was traveling for the past week and away from my iMac that I sync with.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #117
ellett
Connoisseur
ellett began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
I do excite easily (i've been told).
I thought I'd somehow missed a huge hidden secret in CC. But as I recall you have to push from Calibre, not pull from CC. Look forward to the new thread. Pulling from CC will make it nothing less than five star awesome (No, I don't get paid to say that).
I'd say CC is already 5 stars. Pulling would make it at least a 6 :-)
ellett is offline   Reply With Quote