Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
batkinson001
Kobo App user
batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Kobo books website - delay in billing?

Hey all, back on June 13 I purchased 2 ebooks to which I was given access to download immediately, however unlike all the other times I have purchased from kobo, I was not billed for the purchase... It has been over a week now and no sign of kobo billing my visa has occurred...

I have opened a support ticket on the help.kobobooks.com site but as of yet, I haven't received a response...

has anyone else had trouble being billed for books on the Kobo website?

Just for interest and in the hopes some kobo personnel browse this forum, here is the content of my ticket....

Quote:
Request #330901

Jun-21 13:25

Hello,

on June 13th 2011 i purchased the following 2 ebooks:

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Star-...JNg/page1.html
Order # 83503499
eBook $10.16

&

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-S...SVw/page1.html
Order # 3503474
eBook $10.16

I have yet as of today (June 21 2011) to receive any receipt of payment notifications to my email account, all the other purchases I have made for my kobo from the website have always had a receipt show up a few hours to a day later, the kobo account is linked to my visa, which doesn't seem to show any purchase notification either for these books as the last notification I have from KOBO on my visa statement is from

5/3/2011
Order # 2895980 A Feast for Crows: A Song of Ice and…
eBook $5.68

I am wondering what the delay in billing is... its been over a week...
batkinson001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
You're gonna love those books I've never had a delay though.
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
batkinson001
Kobo App user
batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.batkinson001 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

the books were good. Always enjoyed Enterprise, from that book on is basically what Season 5 of the show should have been... not sure where in the Typhon Pact timeline the TNG novel takes place...

Also, still no answer from KOBO... besides the help.kobobooks.com site (and Zendesk - same) are there any other sites that KOBO workers check out?

Last edited by batkinson001; 06-25-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
try: www.getsatisfaction.com/kobo If you have a ticket number, include that in your get satisfaction post.

Can you check your credit card account to see if the charges went through?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
batkinson001
Kobo App user

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
try: www.getsatisfaction.com/kobo If you have a ticket number, include that in your get satisfaction post.

Can you check your credit card account to see if the charges went through?
I checked online. With the postal strike i dont have a paper statement as physical proof... No sign of any billing from kobo yet. Thanks for the site suggestion. I will post there asap.