Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Australian Library goes into Overdrive

yippee! Our local Libraries have finally got on board with ebooks!

Good news for Sunshine Coasties!
There is even a competition to win and iPod.

Check it out here......

Sunshine Coast Library
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Woo-hoo!

FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Congrats. You're gonna enjoy it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
An excellent start with 324 ebooks.

Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #5
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Ashfield and Strafield Libraries in Sydney have had epub ebooks via Overdrive for a while..
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 05:18 AM   #6
jjw
jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.jjw for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Iphone, PRS-650
Melbourne library has them too
http://elibrary.melbourne.vic.gov.au...en/default.htm
Now if I can be bothered going in to the city to get a library card :P
jjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
mikel12323
Howdy-Mike!
mikel12323 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Do any of the AU libraries allow out-of-country library cards for using Overdrive? I know many of you use our Philadelphia library.

I have some favorite AU authors that I just can't find here in the US libraries.
mikel12323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I recently bought some Australian books at kobobooks that were quite well discounted.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

Yarra Plenty library has a little more than 2100 ebooks, via Overdrive. They've added something like 300 in the last month.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Oh goody - now I only have to wait another 10 years for the Adelaide library system to catch up! A question on ebooks drew about the same response as coming up to the counter and speaking Swahili. Actually, because they are such nice helpful people they would probably try to communicate with someone speaking Swahili....perhaps a better analogy would be if I had asked them when they were going to install a Large Hadron Collider. Maybe I'll just pay the $15 and join the Phladelphia Library.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #11
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Our libraries (Sunshine Coast 9 + 3) accept visitor memberships, but I think you have to go into a branch to join.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #12
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
Oh goody - now I only have to wait another 10 years for the Adelaide library system to catch up! A question on ebooks drew about the same response as coming up to the counter and speaking Swahili. Actually, because they are such nice helpful people they would probably try to communicate with someone speaking Swahili....perhaps a better analogy would be if I had asked them when they were going to install a Large Hadron Collider. Maybe I'll just pay the $15 and join the Phladelphia Library.
Yeah. I got a look in exactly the same Swahili language about whether I could ask to inter library loan a book by email - so I could put in the details rather than have the not-too-bright local library types with less than up to date database searching skills take 15 minutes to find while I am standing there waiting.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #13
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
Hi Cazmar, et al,

I didn't mean to make you feel bad! Have you tried petitioning the highest levels of the library administration? Quoting other libraries' policies might also help.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:54 AM   #14
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
I've been borrowing ebooks from Canberra since April. Very handy for the next few months! Unfortunately for everyone else, you have to live in the area or be able to convince them that you visit the area a lot to get a card.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:55 AM   #15
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel12323 View Post
Do any of the AU libraries allow out-of-country library cards for using Overdrive? I know many of you use our Philadelphia library.

I have some favorite AU authors that I just can't find here in the US libraries.
G'day Mikel,
Most of the libraries here where I've enquired about this require proof of residence within their area to process a membership application, so I'd have to say generally, no.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, though! I live in western Sydney, and the library system within our local council has "absolutely no plans" for moving into eBooks "in the foreseeable future", I've been told.

Boo hiss !!
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote