Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
Reliah
Reliah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
PRS-T1 sony E books retitling problem!

I've purchased this reader and having problem, when importing books from my PC (using PC reader software). Titles of the books are automatically renamed in my reader (for example, if book is called "Confucius.pdf", ebook shows me "Ramanuja"). How is that? How is it possible to rename books yourself, because I can't find this option in my ebook reader, nor can i do that efectively on my PC.
Reliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The Sony reader uses the metadata of the books. So, I think the title of your book is not corresponding with the metadata.

If you want more control over your metadata, consider using Calibre as your library management tool. You can also use it to put books on the reader.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliah View Post
I've purchased this reader and having problem, when importing books from my PC (using PC reader software). Titles of the books are automatically renamed in my reader (for example, if book is called "Confucius.pdf", ebook shows me "Ramanuja"). How is that? How is it possible to rename books yourself, because I can't find this option in my ebook reader, nor can i do that efectively on my PC.
You can rename books by changing the title entries in the book.db database.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I would suspect that the title and author have gotten swapped in the metadata the reader uses the metadata title not the filename... for the title...as already suggested calibre will allow you to edit the metadata
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
Reliah
Reliah began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thank you guys, Calibre really worked for me
Reliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert