Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Calibre conversions not opening in BookDesigner

I have a ton of LRF files I've been working on fixing up and adding proper table of contents for. Problem is I try to use Calibre to convert them to .lit, since that is about the only format which keeps italics and such, but I get this error with the converted file when trying to open it in BookDesigner.

I have tried about five different LRF's and this happens, even tried various different settings in Calibre. I also get an error like this when doing LRF to MOBI and a few other formats. The only one that seems to work is FB2 format, problem is with that conversion all the text is bolded for some reason.

So does anyone have any recommendations or can address what the problem is here? How come all of my .lit converted files fail to open in BookDesigner with that odd error?

Also for the Calibre programmer, if you see this: is there any chance you could make it so LRF or EPUB to RTF retains italics? I hadn't noticed until now that it was losing them everytime. I use RTF and HTML to fix books up in Word 2007 using the error checking tool to fix broken sentences, typos and such.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenie.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	55012  
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:

Also for the Calibre programmer, if you see this: is there any chance you could make it so LRF or EPUB to RTF retains italics? I hadn't noticed until now that it was losing them everytime. I use RTF and HTML to fix books up in Word 2007 using the error checking tool to fix broken sentences, typos and such.
I was wondering about this too. Is there a way to keep italics when converting from Epub to RTF?
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Have you tried this with the latest version of Calibre? There have been several improvements to RTF input and output in the last couple of releases.

I have just tried an EPUB to RTF conversion. Italics were retained.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Have you tried this with the latest version of Calibre? There have been several improvements to RTF input and output in the last couple of releases.

I have just tried an EPUB to RTF conversion. Italics were retained.
You have user_none to thank for that. He's extremely busy, but managed to squeeze in some fixes to the rtf conversion recently.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
You have user_none to thank for that. He's extremely busy, but managed to squeeze in some fixes to the rtf conversion recently.
Yay! Thank-you, Thank-you. I tried it and it worked

Edit: It worked, but only the 1st chapter was converted!

Last edited by bookwurm70; 08-06-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Didn't work totally
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Thanks should also go to member sengian who did some fixes to RTF.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote