Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Exclamation XPDF TTS weird

Reading another thread, I noticed posts by a Diabilities advocate and it got me thinking about how a PEz could be used.
Since I was reading a Suvudu (no DRM) free download (using XPDF), I started there.
Insert Headphone plug (headphones in the proper location for listening)
I pressed Menu 5 for English speaking.
Besides reading the page number a page heading (authors name)
What it read sounded like English, followed by 1 or more OTHER languages for each sentence .

What my initial test purpose was to see if I could navigate the menus by TTS.
Exiting the book, exits TTS.

RobertB, Imagine how useful the PEz would be if the Book listings could also be navigated by TTS.
"SD recent files" "1 Title B", "2 Title B"... "Page 1 slash 4" "Battery bar bar bar bar"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote