Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
riverteeth
Enthusiast
riverteeth began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
How to combine two formats of same ebook into one entry?

Hi all,

I have a conference paper in MS word format (.doc). In order to import it into my Calibre library, I first converted it to html, imported, then converted to epub from within Calibre. This was pretty good, but I'm not totally happy with the Chinese fonts assigned to my document in epub format. I may spend time trying to figure this out eventually, but I don't have time now, so I decided to also import the paper in PDF format.

I first tried converting the html version (saved as a zip file in Calibre) to PDF from within Calibre, but this replaced fonts just like the epub conversion did. So I decided to generate the PDF from MS Word, then import, in order to preserve all the formating of the original document. But now I have two entries in my library for the same paper! Is it possible to combine two entries, so I have one entry, in two formats, as if I had converted from within Calibre?

Thanks!
riverteeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Right click on the book, edit the metadata window. In the edit metadata window there is a list of formats in the upper right. You can add additional formats here using drag'n'drop or by clicking the + button.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Also, there are several merge options available from the context menu (the right-click menu). Select the entry you want to keep first, then additionally select the entries you want to merge in. Open the context menu, go to edit metadata->merge and select the option you want.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote