Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #31
TimSergay
TimSergay began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Chrisix, I have only Adobe reader, I don't have Acrobat. I do have PrimoPDF. I've never "optimized file size" in saving a file as PDF. Is this an operation I can do in PrimoPDF?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #32
TimSergay
TimSergay began at the beginning.

Dear helpers: I probably chose the wrong time to begin playing with my dad's new iPad. I have to go on an out of town trip for a couple days starting tomorrow morning. I will try to navigate back to this forum when I return. I'll check in again later tonight (06-08-10): I thank you all for your help. --TimSergay
Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #33
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Just had a chance to try 7.1 - the problem I was having (with Calibre thinking the sync never ended) seems fixed.

Thanks so much.

Now, how about wireless?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #34
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

tlrowley, thanks for the report. 0.7.2 will be much better

G
Old 06-09-2010, 03:39 AM   #35
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
On my MacBook Pro the new version (0.7.1) now works for sync to iPad. Brilliant work. Well done folk!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #36
s3than
s3than began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Error message received

Transfer is successful however receive this message

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'Main' object has no attribute 'db_book_uuid_cache'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 246, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1066, in books_uploaded
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1159, in set_books_in_library
AttributeError: 'Main' object has no attribute 'db_book_uuid_cache'

Just for your info.

Great program
Old 06-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #37
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3than View Post
Transfer is successful however receive this message

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'Main' object has no attribute 'db_book_uuid_cache'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 246, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1066, in books_uploaded
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1159, in set_books_in_library
AttributeError: 'Main' object has no attribute 'db_book_uuid_cache'

Just for your info.

Great program
Fixed in next release.

G
Old 06-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #38
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
I've found an interesting little bug. When I have both my iPhone and iPad connected to iTunes at the same time in MacOS despite Calibre only showing the iPad when the sync process kicks off it tries to sync to the iPhone rather than the iPad.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #39
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
FWIW, it also works with iTunes 9.2 (beta).
Old 06-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #40
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
FWIW, it also works with iTunes 9.2 (beta).
Good to know, thanks.

G
Old 06-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #41
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
A question I have been meaning to ask - are any issues likely to arise if I remove books from iBooks directly on the iPad after reading them rather than using Calibre to remove them? Just want to check that there will not be any unforseen side-effects with the metadata caching or anything like that
Old 06-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #42
GRiker

@itimpi: You can remove books directly on the iPad, then next time that you connect to calibre it will properly show only the books actually in iBooks.

Please check the 0.7.2 release to confirm that the driver is properly ignoring your audiobooks.

G
Old 06-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #43
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I am away from home at the moment, so will not get a chance to check the audiobook issue until tomorrow night. Just thought I would let you know in case you were wondering why there was no immediate response!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #44
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
A question I have been meaning to ask - are any issues likely to arise if I remove books from iBooks directly on the iPad after reading them rather than using Calibre to remove them? Just want to check that there will not be any unforseen side-effects with the metadata caching or anything like that
Revised response: It depends on how and when you remove the book.

If your iPad is connected to your computer and calibre, use calibre to delete books on the iPad.

If your iPad is disconnected from your computer and calibre, use iBooks to delete books on your iPad. The next time you connect, the driver compares the books currently on the device to the last known set, and removes any missing books in iTunes so they won't be re-added next time you sync.

I just reviewed the code that handles this and found a bug that will be fixed in 0.7.3. In the meantime, deleting from calibre will do the right thing.

G
Old 06-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #45
GRiker

Updated iPad driver in v 0.7.2

The latest release of calibre (0.7.2) includes a significantly improved iPad driver. I've revised the overview in the first post in this thread describing the implementation.

The most significant change is that the driver now supports either manual or automatic syncing, and iTunes-managed storage or self-managed storage. This means that you don't need to keep an extra copy of the uploaded epub in iTunes.

Please review the initial post in this thread to understand the implications of these changes.

G
Closed Thread