Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 02:27 AM   #211
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Boomerang is currently #4 on Amazon UK for Books > Fiction > Humour

I'd like to invite my fellow Yanks to discover what the Brits are finding so entertaining!
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #212
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Keeping the Price Consistent

It is taking forever to get the price consistent so until that day arrives, here's the end-around plan. Any MR members who don't do the Kindle thing can get the same $0.99 price for Boomerang as Amazon by using coupon ZT95Q at Smashwords. All the formats are there and looking good for whatever ereader you have.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 12-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #213
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Heading over to Amazon to buy this book. It looks like exactly the kind of thing I like to read between true crime books to get the funk out of my head.

I am long time fan of Carl Hiaasen and Dave Barry and this sounds like something written in the same spirit as their novels. And for $0.99 it's not like I have much to lose by giving it a try.

Putting it next in line to read after a true crime I started last night so I should be able to review it within the week.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #214
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Heading over to Amazon to buy this book. It looks like exactly the kind of thing I like to read between true crime books to get the funk out of my head.

I am long time fan of Carl Hiaasen and Dave Barry and this sounds like something written in the same spirit as their novels. And for $0.99 it's not like I have much to lose by giving it a try.

Putting it next in line to read after a true crime I started last night so I should be able to review it within the week.
You will not be dissapointed. It is an entertaining, funny and well written book.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #215
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks!

@wvcherrybomb. I hope you feel your ninety-nine cents was well invested. I certainly tried my darned to make it good. Comparisons are, I think, a treacherous road to go down, but I will say that so far just about all of the comparisons readers have made for Boomerang have been with authors I admire and have read a lot of myself, so maybe just maybe I've been fortunate enough to have some of the good stuff rub off on me. I'd like to think so, but it's not for me to say.

@Pablo. I appreciate those kind words!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 AM   #216
plumboz
Novelist

Coupon still good.

Coupon ZT95Q is still good to get Boomerang for $0.99 at Smashwords. Of course if you have a Kindle, Amazon has the $0.99 price too. Or 72p at Amazon UK.

Here's what some reviewers are saying about Boomerang.

It's an out and out comedy caper filled with a cast of dysfunctional characters.

Thoroughly enjoyable with a lot of "tongue in cheek" humour. Recommended.

Highly recommended (& well formatted for the Kindle).

I laughed like a drain reading Boomerang. This is a superb globe-trotting jet-setting farce that had me turning pages and staying up far too late, skipping work and finding hiding places in which I could read undisturbed.

I rarely re-read a book but I think I may have to in this case just to be sure I didn't miss a funny bit because I was pushing through it so fast.

Great read. Funny, creative, quirky and curiously entertaining. I can totally see a Tarantino film here.

The humor and quirky characters are reminiscent of "The Big Lebowski" while the frenetic pacing brings to mind "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World."

Brighten your holidays with your own copy of Boomerang!

Old 12-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #217
plumboz
Novelist

Here's what Amazon readers on both sides of the Atlantic have to say about Boomerang.

“It's an out and out comedy caper filled with a cast of dysfunctional characters.”

“I have to say this one is a gem”

“A very entertaining and inventive story full of fascinating characters”

“Do without one thing today that costs 69p - a newspaper , a bar of chocolate , crisps ...and buy this book . You will remember this story, its great !”

“Highly recommended (& well formatted for the Kindle).”

“This has been one of the funniest books I've read!”

“Every step of the journey taken to this tales conclusion was really enjoyable and the books pacing is good throughout and the ending is well executed. Had a bit of the Tarantino's about it too.”

“From its great characters to its twisted plot, Boomerang is lots of fun. The humor and quirky characters are reminiscent of "The Big Lebowski" while the frenetic pacing brings to mind "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World."”

“I rarely re-read a book but I think I may have to in this case just to be sure I didn't miss a funny bit because I was pushing through it so fast….I hope Mr Hutcheson plans on a sequel as I would love to meet some of these characters again.”

“…the conclusion of their quest is delightful, entertaining, and satisfying . The characters are funny - some are wonderfully likeable, and some you just like to hate. I plan to read this book again sometime soon!”

“This reminded me of a cross between Dave Barry's Big Trouble and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Don't be mistaken, Alan Hutcheson has his own brand of talent and shows it off..."

"pure gold"

Still $0.99 at Amazon, Sony and Diesel. Use the coupon ZT95Q to get it for $0.99 at Smashwords in any format you need.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #218
plumboz
Novelist

Latest Amazon UK review for Boomerang

5.0 out of 5 stars A film in the waiting, 27 Dec 2010
By campingkate - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is fast paced with excellent characterisation and humour. The story moves through action rather than narrative with characters developing through dialogue and interaction. It is a very visual book and a story that would make an excellent comic film. I hope it does transfer to the screen and I'll be there watching it and laughing at the dialogue and slapstick humour!

So, if you like your reading "visual" and funny, please have a look at Boomerang.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #219
plumboz
Novelist

Amazon UK has put Boomerang in their current "Kindle eBooks Under £1" list. And it's a pretty short list of just seventeen books in the Fiction category.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=br_lf_...node=547438031
Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #220
plumboz
Novelist

I am happy to announce that Boomerang is now a uniform price no matter where you like to do your ebook shopping.

Just ninety-nine cents.

Or 71p on Amazon UK., where it is currently doing pretty darned well!

* #4 in Books > Fiction > Humour
* #8 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humour
* #20 in Books > Humour > Fiction
Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #221
plumboz
Novelist

Nice review at B&N

A very nice review just appeared on Barnes and Noble for Boomerang.

MeteorFlower
Fun read!
Customer Rating See Detailed Ratings

Posted January 11, 2011, 12:35 PM EST: In order to save his pawned guitar, Ted Hogwood accepts an assignment from a branch of the government that isn't even official. His partner on this assignment is Jerry Kwiatkowski and their mission is to steal a boomerang that contains secrets that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover. What stands in their path? A crossbow wielding assassin, two unemployed Australian women, the director of Central Intelligence and an ex-cheerleader! Got your attention yet? Is your eyebrow raised? It should be! This book was a really fun read and Alan's writing style reminded me at times of the late Douglas Adams. The deeper into the plot you get, the more you can tell the characters are in a situation that's way over their heads. It's quirky, funny and really hard to put down. I found myself wondering how this all would come together and then when it did I was highly amused. It was really sad when this fun trip ended and I do hope to see these characters again somewhere down the road.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #222
plumboz
Novelist

Another nice review for Boomerang on Amazon UK.

I can soooo see this as a movie!, 15 Jan 2011
By
J. E. Gibbin "Jeg" (UK) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
I had heard that this author's style had been likened to Douglas Adams, add that to the fact it was only 72p and I just had to try it. I was NOT disappointed! Anyone who has read Douglas Adams will be able to see the similar writing style, including a similar sense of humour!

At various points throughout the book I found myself thinking what a great film it would make (or even play!) I can't really explain why without risking ruining the book but I would be interested to see if anyone who has read it agrees with me.

Buy this book, I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #223
plumboz
Novelist

And a great comment from a reader at Amazon UK on the discussion board over there.

Hi Alan. just wanted to say that I've just finished Boomerang and it has been the best book I've read on my Kindle! laugh-out-loud funny with a wonderfully strange plot.
I was going to ask about more books featuring Ted and Gerry so thanks for your last post answering that question. you'll have a devotedd readership here in the UK who will rush out to buy it! (well download it if you insist on being pedantic!). look forward to your next book-- any chance of a plot taster?
:-)

Okay, so she didn't spell Jerry's name correctly (or "devoted" either) but it's the thought that counts, right?

How about giving Boomerang a try yourself?
Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #224
plumboz
Novelist

Two more very nice reviews for Boomerang on Amazon UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Struck a chord, 23 Jan 2011
By
Lynda - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Paperback)
A while ago I bought this book for my husband. He hardly moved from the sofa and chuckled away (quite an event in his life)and so I wanted to read the whole thing through myself.

My husband once had a Gibson guitar which he loved dearly, and a Gibson features in the book, and so I had expected it to be something he'd like but I was truly delighted to find it an absolutely hilarious read for both of us. Boomerang has characters that enthralled and it is pacy and touching. Much enjoyed.

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the recommendation, 22 Jan 2011
By
Paul (Basildon, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was reading one of the discussion boards and someone recommended this. I read lots so enjoy finding new authors to try out.

I really enjoyed this book. It felt like a ben elton one- only better written

A nice mixture of characters who you could picture in the bizarre situations described throughout the story.

Well worth buying
Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #225
plumboz
Novelist

And yet another very nice review for Boomerang from Amazon UK.

Write the screenplay soon!, 26 Jan 2011
By
Gewitty (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Have the Coen brothers seen this story yet? It's their next movie.

If you loved the dark humour of 'Fargo' or 'No Country For Old Men', this book is for you. Fast-paced, original, and well-written; 'Boomerang' ticks all the boxes. And at the price, it's a steal.

Highly recommended.

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords