Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Frontlight and large libraries

I found my Odyssey was extremely slow at browsing through my library even in folder mode, insisting on reloading thumbnails every time I went into a folder. Does the Frontlight have a similar problem?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Not sure. I have a very large library, but I have ordered my folders like /k/Stephen King/books, so each folder just has a few books in it. Browsing through the folders is fast, and yes, the thumbnails will be redrawn every time, but I do not notice any delay.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hm, no delay? I frequently need an entire minute to get out of a folder I've been reading a book in because it insists on redrawing every thumbnail between me and the beginning of the folder. It's a problem.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
I have heard (well, read!) about that issue which seems to affect few Odyssey devices, but I don't know how you could get rid of it. Why don't you just contact Bookeen Support? (see Bookeen home page, bottom left)
Fourvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:36 AM   #5
Bookripper
Connoisseur
Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too much to remember
I have 3000+ books on my Odyssey HD. Works like a charm....
Bookripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Not sure. I have a very large library, but I have ordered my folders like /k/Stephen King/books, so each folder just has a few books in it. Browsing through the folders is fast, and yes, the thumbnails will be redrawn every time, but I do not notice any delay.
I have to correct myself.
The Frontlight keeps the thumbnails for the books on SD card and just reads them again next time you need them.
So browing a directory is slow once, fast the next times.
It stores them on the SD card btw.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:21 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If it's like the Gen3 and Orizon, it keeps each thumbnail (a .thn file) where the book is, same with .bin and .dat files (annotations are in a different directory, but still on the card or main memory, together with the book they refer to).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

This problem is no longer present in the most recent firmware.