Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Page Loading Issue

In the last few days whenever I come to the end of a chapter on the book I'm reading and I press the button to go to the next chapter the pages freezes. The little loading circle up in the top right corner *says* it's loading then it stops and I have to press the button again for it to go to the first page of the new chapter.

Also instead of going to the first page of the chapter it goes to the 2nd and I have to press back.

I started reading another book to see if it happened to another book and it did.

Is there anything I can do? My friend reckons I need to download some firmware? I only got the Kobo in Jan and it's V2 so I shouldn't need to download yet should I?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
I have the same issue. According to some it seems to be somewhat related to how the ebook is formatted, but it does seem to happen to quite a few books so I hope they get it fixed. I don't recall this happening with the original kobo with the 1.8 firmware, I started noticing it when I got the wifi kobo.
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #3
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
I have the same issue too - hasn't happened on all books, but it has on a couple (I think they might have been Kobo books rather than ones loaded with ADE, but I can't be certain)
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Yeah, I had this with the first book I purchased on my wifi model.

Then every other book I've purchased since (at least 20 books) it doesn't do it.

So, I think it's book related.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Thanks for the replies!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
My best estimate on this is that it is part book related, part quirk of the firmware. I have the same problem with the "back to article list" in the National Post newspaper every day except Mondays. The answer I finally managed to get was that if the Kobo stays on the same page for more than 3 seconds (time it and it's true) it will go into a "light sleep" mode so it never finishes opening the page or whatever until you press another key. At that point it wakes up and finishes what it was doing and then does the function that you pressed. I've found it to be very consistent (either always does it or never) and I have had the same thing in some book chapters too. The reason I say it is partly file related is that some chapters etc. seem to take slightly longer to load which pushes it past the 3 second point.
Good news is that it is on the fix list for the firmware update (fingers crossed).
Robert
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #7
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo & Kindle apps (PC, Android), Aura HD, Kindle Touch
Same issue here, but only on one book (so far), The Dummies Guide for the Kobo. Other books behave as they should.
Craig
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote