Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
NickyRay
NickyRay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Help. Hacked Kindle 3 unusable. Cannot access settings menu.

Hi, I rooted and applied the latest SS hack and Font hack to my Kindle 3. I tried to apply a font set and my Kindle 3 and now graphics are glitchy and I can no longer go to the settings menu to set to factory defaults or apply the un-install. What's up?
NickyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
NickyRay
NickyRay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I managed to do a factory reset.

Because the last thing I did was apply a font, naturally it must have been that font pack that screwed up the GUI. So I applied a different font set. This corrected the GUI enough that I could access the menus and do a factory reset.
NickyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Copy the original fonts back into the kindle's font folder.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote