Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
TENTHS OF A SECOND (Audio Story)

I’m happy to announce the release of my first audio story original. Sniplits.com bought the audio rights to TENTHS OF A SECOND and it’s now available for download—all for the price of an iTunes download. The story can be downloaded to computers, iPods and smart phones etc.

TENTHS OF A SECOND is about a struggling young racecar driver who is given the chance to get an edge on the competition - but at what cost? As a few of you know, I used to race, so there's a strong personal element to the story. It’s a bit hard to categorize TENTHS OF A SECOND as it incorporates sci-fi, fantasy, mainstream and psychological elements. At the end of the day, the story is about dreams and the lengths someone will go to attain them. If there is a moral to the piece, it is that everyone searches for that silver bullet solution, even if the gun is pointed at themselves.

I’m very fond of this story. It’s personal to me and I think that comes out in the writing—or in this case, the telling. It was always a little too long to work in a magazine, but it’s a good audio book length. I hope you'll check the story out. I don’t think you'll be disappointed.

Download the story at http://www.sniplits.com/storiesforauthor.jsp?a=83

Last edited by Simon Wood; 11-25-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote