Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
senseabove
senseabove began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad or DS?
Automatically skipping to the end of the document?

So I my iLiad Book edition finally arrived today, which is exciting. It's better than I expected it to look! Unfortunately, any document I open up automatically skips to the last page. I try to go back, and it'll stay on that page for a few seconds, but the screen flashes and I'm suddenly back on the last page. Any idea what's going on here? This is happening with both the included free ebooks, the PDFs I put on the device, even the User's Manual!

EDIT:Well, sorry to add a useless thread. The iLiad has decided to play nicely now.

Last edited by senseabove; 01-30-2009 at 02:51 PM.
senseabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I've never heard of that one before. At least it sounds like it's sorted itself out.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
senseabove
senseabove began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad or DS?
Well, I figured out what the cause was. Whenever the device is plugged in to charge, it does the automatic skipping. If I plug it in while reading something, it jumps to the end after the next action (panning, page-flipping, etc.).

So it's effectively unusable when charging... which is annoying. Anyone have any ideas how to fix that, please?
senseabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The only thing I can think of is to open a ticket and ask iRex's tech support.

That's definitely very strange behavior. Maybe there's a short in the charging circuitry somewhere that is continuously triggering the page flip bar? I don't know, that's just a wild guess. It sounds more like a fault with your specific device than a general bug.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 AM   #5
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
The sympton is not normal at all, and it should not be fixable at user side. You should contact iRex for a replacement ASAP.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert