Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Sold another Kindle ...

Makes me wish I got a commission. I have a very nice neighbor who reads ... pretty much constantly.

I brought my Kindle to the neighborhood party today (I really can't go into the pool except at night, so I like to sit pool side in the shade and read). My neighbor saw it, and remarked that she was thinking about buying one and how did I like it??

I demo'd mine, and told her how much I love it. Anyway, as it turns out, she is going to Africa for several weeks and they have a strict weight restriction on the luggage she can bring. She is practically phobic about not having enough books with her on the trip (I gather she cann't sleep without reading an hour or so before).

When I told her that my set up had a capacity for about 4200 books ... her eyes just lit up. I told her that I had really enjoyed being able to finish a book, and then purchase another book without even using the computer. Of course, I explained to her that she would need to download as many books as she wanted for her trip beforehand.

Last, but not least, I was reading HG Wells' "The Invisible Man" at the party, and in fact I finished it at the party. To whoever decided to put links in to other books the reader might enjoy ... well, you are just a reader's dream come true. When I showed that to her .... and explained that, very likely these were active links to those books, which the reader could download for free .... she was one happy lady.

Something tells me I'm going to have another Kindle in the neighborhood.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Congratulations! Now the neighbourhood, tomorrow the WORLD! That's "envagelizing" through example.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Last, but not least, I was reading HG Wells' "The Invisible Man" at the party, and in fact I finished it at the party. To whoever decided to put links in to other books the reader might enjoy ... well, you are just a reader's dream come true. When I showed that to her .... and explained that, very likely these were active links to those books, which the reader could download for free .... she was one happy lady.
Oh I've been displaying recommendations at the end of our books on Feedbooks for a while. There's also links to other books available from the same author at the beginning of the book. You were maybe reading the version from Feedbooks ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Oh I've been displaying recommendations at the end of our books on Feedbooks for a while. There's also links to other books available from the same author at the beginning of the book. You were maybe reading the version from Feedbooks ?
It's certainly possible. But .... keep doing it, because it's a great idea!! And thanks!!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Congratulations! Now the neighbourhood, tomorrow the WORLD! That's "envagelizing" through example.
Honestly, I always mention the other types of ebooks as well, because, in the end it's competition that makes for the best products. Not everyone likes the Kindle, so it would be a shame if they didn't get an ebook reader just because they thought the Kindle was the only show out there.

In fact, my neighbor asked me why Amazon was the only bookstore that was making ebooks available and why Borders hadn't gotten in on the act. So, I told her about the Sony ... and what I knew about the Sony.

I never talk down the other types of ebook .... the idea is to get people reading ... however they do it. But, I did tell her that one of the primary reasons I got the Kindle was that Amazon was behind it ... both hardware and content.
Advert