Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use File->Import and HTML files as a new book and all linked files will be auto-imported, just as is described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order
Thanks for the response. I suspected that was the case and should be the solution for the OPs feature request.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #17
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
Quote:
Use File->Import HTML files as a new book and all linked files will be auto-imported, just as is described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order
Oh that is not how i understood it. I thought you add it just like you add books in the library. (It gets saved in zip format with all the files inside.) Then you do a full conversion to whatever format you want.

BTW does it also follow links in the rest of the files?

Also i think it's "Import HTML file as new book" (without the "s").

Last edited by user743; 05-11-2014 at 11:17 PM.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2014, 02:03 AM   #18
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
By the way, there is an important and often overseen point in How do I convert a collection of HTML files in a specific order?for those who works often with html files:
Quote:
Note:
By default, when adding HTML files, calibre follows links in the files in depth first order. This means that if file A.html links to B.html and C.html and D.html, but B.html also links to D.html, then the files will be in the order A.html, B.html, D.html, C.html. If instead you want the order to be A.html, B.html, C.html, D.html then you must tell calibre to add your files in breadth first order. Do this by going to Preferences->Plugins and customizing the HTML to ZIP plugin.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #19
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
By the way, there is an important and often overseen point in How do I convert a collection of HTML files in a specific order?for those who works often with html files:
there is already five links to that page. do you think i didn't notice that?

Last edited by user743; 05-15-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by user743 View Post
there is already five links to that page. do you think i didn't notice that?
Yes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #21
user743
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes
I noticed it before i posted this question.

your lucky i cant press the more smiles button on my kindle or i would've found a picture of someone smacking someone else in the face.

Last edited by user743; 05-15-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #22
user743
Addict

deleted

Last edited by user743; 05-19-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #23
user743
Addict

Quote:
Use File->Import HTML files as a new book and all linked files will be auto-imported, just as is described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order
I already said that i tried that and the files are unreferenced in the spine.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #24
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Funny.. I just made a few HTML files and an Index, imported them into calibre as a new book by selecting the index file, then converted the newly added zip file to an ePub, and had zero issues editing or validating the resulting ePub.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Funny.. I just made a few HTML files and an Index, imported them into calibre as a new book by selecting the index file, then converted the newly added zip file to an ePub, and had zero issues editing or validating the resulting ePub.
I believe this thread is discussing the editor not calibre's Add books feature. Have you tried the steps Kovid outlines below? I'm not doubting that using the editor in the way described will work but you do want to compare apples to apples.

Quote:
Use File->Import and HTML files as a new book and all linked files will be auto-imported, just as is described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-19-2014 at 11:31 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
AH... I had tried IMPORT but had selected the "Import Files into book" command, not seeing the "Import an HTML or DOCX file as a new book" command.

Using that ALSO resulted in an ePub that passed validation.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:10 AM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....p-is-not-valid
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #28
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Using that ALSO resulted in an ePub that passed validation.
I use that way sometimes for cooking recipes and open the file set then with the editor. It works most times well - as long you have prepared valid html files for e-books. If not, then the problem was sitting always in front of the keyboard (means myself).

The only thing I am really missed is that there are no automated tools like in the recipe area. Such nice things like keep_only_tags, remove_tags_after, and remove_tags to clean up downloaded set of HTML-Files via HTTrack in a quick way within the editor.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #29
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
I use that way sometimes for cooking recipes and open the file set then with the editor. It works most times well - as long you have prepared valid html files for e-books. If not, then the problem was sitting always in front of the keyboard (means myself).

The only thing I am really missed is that there are no automated tools like in the recipe area. Such nice things like keep_only_tags, remove_tags_after, and remove_tags to clean up downloaded set of HTML-Files via HTTrack in a quick way within the editor.
Write a recipe for those files.

ebook-convert accepts the myrecipe.recipe

See: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news...ng-new-recipes
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #30
Divingduck
Wizard

... I wish it would be so easy as to write a normal recipe.