Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Kindle sold out

From Amazon's Kindle page:

Note: This item is not immediately available to ship. (In stock on November 21, 2007. Order it now.)

I wonder how large their initial inventory was.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Yeah, I just ordered and it said "in stock" then the email said "Nov 28th" Damn.

OTOH, they rolled back the next day shipping I selected to free 2-day so I saved $18. And if everyone here that is getting one tomorrow says it sucks, I can cancel. <g>

Then if it is super great I will get another for Barb for XMas. No need to worry about WAF - she is getting a new kitchen in Feb. That makes this look like pocket change. <g>

Last edited by CCDMan; 11-19-2007 at 05:08 PM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
sfernald
Zealot
sfernald doesn't littersfernald doesn't litter

Ordered my Kindle... And it's already shipped.

Ordered mine this morning. Just got email at 1:15 that the order shipped fedex. So will get my kindle tomorrow! Already have several blog, magazine and newspaper subscriptions signed up.

I only have one real regret for the kindle. That it doesn't have a black version. It will be impossible for me to hide this "upgrade" from my wife as I so easily did when upgrading my PRS-500 -> 505. I'm really not sure how i'm going to justify this impulse buy to her. Heh, oh well, just means she will get a free shopping spree on black friday.
sfernald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
What time did you order? Mine went through at 6:30am east coast time and I still don't have a shipping notice.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #5
JerryEF
JerryEF is on a distinguished road

Device: DellX51v / Amazon Kindle
I placed my order around 12:30 and got the ack by 2:30.
JerryEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
jmdor
Enthusiast
jmdor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle; ex-Sony PRS500
Mine shows as delivery est. Nov 27th...
jmdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Nate - I received my shipping notice at 2:25 and I ordered shortly after you did.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Nate - I received my shipping notice at 2:25 and I ordered shortly after you did.
Thank you. This raises the question of WTH did they do to screw up my order?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Did you check your spam filter?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Did you check your spam filter.
Yes. Repeatedly. That is irrelevant, though. The order page on Amazon does not have a tracking number; it says they are still packing the Kindle. And that's as of about 2 minutes ago.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #11
sfernald
Zealot
sfernald doesn't littersfernald doesn't litter

I ordered mine at 9:44AM PST.
sfernald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #12
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
What time did you order? Mine went through at 6:30am east coast time and I still don't have a shipping notice.
I ordered mine at 11:00 am, Mountain time, and my status says:
Items shipping soon: Shipping estimate: November 19, 2007

But I haven't received a shipping notice yet. Which sucks. I hope that doesn't mean they were already sold out...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
I ordered mine at 11:00 am, Mountain time, and my status says:
Items shipping soon: Shipping estimate: November 19, 2007

But I haven't received a shipping notice yet. Which sucks. I hope that doesn't mean they were already sold out...
Thanks. It makes me feel a little better to know I am not alone in this problem.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #14
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
I hope that unlike Sony, Amazon will release their sales numbers. We need those numbers to prove that e-book isn't strictly niche anymore...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:35 PM   #15
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I just received my shipping notice. They just shipped and it's due here on 11-20-2007. Whew!

I'm usually not this much of an early adopter, but hey it's my holiday bonus, might as well spend some of it on something to do with reading rather than scootering--the rest of the bonus went into boring ol' savings..

Last edited by tsgreer; 11-19-2007 at 11:42 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote