Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
chadamir
chadamir began at the beginning.

Device: NC
Calibre is setting the pubdate to january every time

Each time I add a book, I only have one source checked for metadata download (goodreads). I download the metadata but it says it found an earlier date and changes it to January of the year.

Quote:
Starting download
Query: title:NSAQR 01 - I Am a Dalek; authorsoctor Who; isbn:0563486481
Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Doctor Who'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'0563486481'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'NSAQR 01 - I Am a Dalek'}
Using plugins: Goodreads
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Goodreads ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11')]
Found 1 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 2.4889998436

---
Title : Doctor Who: I Am a Dalek
Author(s) : Gareth Roberts
Publisher : BBC Books
Tags : Science Fiction, Fantasy
Rating : 3.34
Published : 2006-08-02T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : isbn:9780563486480, goodreads:459460
Comments : <p>Equipped with space suits, golf clubs and a flag, the Doctor and Rose are planning to live it up, Apollo mission-style, on the Moon. But the TARDIS has other plans, landing them instead in a village on the south coast of England; a picture-postcard sort of place where nothing much happens. Until now... An archaeological dig has turned up a Roman mosaic, circa 70 A.D., depicting mythical scenes, grapes - and a Dalek. A few days later a young woman, rushing for work, is knocked over and killed by a bus, then comes back to life. It's not long before all hell breaks loose, and the Doctor and Rose must use all their courage and cunning against an alien enemy - and a not-quite-alien accomplice - who are intent on destroying humanity.</p>
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?sear...e=books&search[query]=0563486481
ISBN match location: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/459460.Doctor_Who'
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/459460.Doctor_Who'

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 2.61 seconds
The longest time (2.489000) was taken by: Goodreads
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 0.18 seconds
Consistently it's setting it to January 2nd of whatever year.

How do I fix this?
chadamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot, that is the date returned by the xisbn service (which returns only years)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
chadamir
chadamir began at the beginning.

Device: NC
Could I just block the xisbn in a hosts file as a work around? What is the advantage of having it use xisbn every time? What's doing the xisbn query is it the goodreads plugin or calibre? Could I disable it in a script or is it hardcoded?
chadamir is offline   Reply With Quote