Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
md02439
Enthusiast
md02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheese

Device: M92 black
Booxtor & Hanvon E920

Booxtor since you work for an e-reader shop, would you consider contacting hanvon to send you a sample of their E920 reader for testing purposes as you have done with M92? I looked around in their website and they seem to be interested in retailers (link).

md02439

P.S. Sorry for making you the title of a topic!
md02439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by md02439 View Post
Booxtor since you work for an e-reader shop, would you consider contacting hanvon to send you a sample of their E920 reader for testing purposes as you have done with M92? I looked around in their website and they seem to be interested in retailers (link).

md02439

P.S. Sorry for making you the title of a topic!
Hi,

I did it already. The sample shall be delivered soon.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I did it already. The sample shall be delivered soon.
Hi,
I am a new member and have been following Onyx's Threads for around three months now.
While a vast amount of information and discussions here helped me to narrow down my choice of the first e-reader I want to buy, there are still some questions I have not found the answers for... So I had to join the forum and ask myself

Thank you Booxtor for the great review of the new Onyx Boox M92 and for the great support you provide to your customers and the forum members!

The review you've made have persuaded me to buy an M92, but then my partner found out about JetBook Color and we decided to wait for their comparison.

While waiting for that, I also laid my eyes on Hanvon E920, because it seems to be a better e-reader, resolution-wise, compared to JetBook Color.

But there are no reviews on either the JB or Hanvon, so we are forced to postpone the purchase, which is very inconvenient...

When I came across this thread I thought "That's it. I'll find the answer here!". I was really hoping for a review to come soon, but the time goes and the review does not appear...

Has Hanvon advised you about when the WISEreader E920 would be delivered to you for a review? Cause I'm sure you would not delay reviewing it if you would have already received it...

Could you please keep us posted on this matter...

P.S. You are doing a great job, helping all of us!

One last thing, I was wondering why there is no Hanvon Thread on the forum? Is is possible to somehow create it? (Sorry for my ignorance... I do not use forums a lot... ) Is there a way to suggest this to Moderators?

Thank you in advance!
LoveEarth
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #4
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
How can someone out of China order a Hanvon reader? My understanding was that these are available only on the Chinese market.... ?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
How can someone out of China order a Hanvon reader? My understanding was that these are available only on the Chinese market.... ?
Hi,
I have direct contact to Hanvon Germany and I've ordered my sample there... But, recently I got the message, that because of some reasons Hanvon Germany closes the ereader branch in Germany
The Hanvon China shows no reaction to all my inquiries..
From some internal sources I know that the Triton technology is not as technically mature as it is praised. That is why only few prototypes have been showed currently and I wouldn't seriously count on it this year.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #6
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
According to http://www.ectaco.com/jetBook_Color/ , Ectaco Jetbook/Hanvon E920 is already shipping, but I did not find any reviews of it yet.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
According to http://www.ectaco.com/jetBook_Color/ , Ectaco Jetbook/Hanvon E920 is already shipping, but I did not find any reviews of it yet.
Last Friday I had a talk with Ectaco officials in Germany and they told me, that even in USA it is still not available. In Germany they are going to start selling in April, but it is also not for sure.
As soon as a sample device arrives in Germany, they will send it to me for testing and review.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:12 AM   #8
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Last Friday I had a talk with Ectaco officials in Germany and they told me, that even in USA it is still not available. In Germany they are going to start selling in April, but it is also not for sure.
As soon as a sample device arrives in Germany, they will send it to me for testing and review.
Wow! April!
Too bad... They've lost a potential customer...
But on the bright side, there is only one option left for me - Onyx Boox M92!!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
It sounds for me like a déjà vu. Exactly one year ago (on 6th February 2011) I asked "Hanvon Technology (Deutschland) GmbH" when I will be able to buy their Hanvon E920 in Germany.
They told me, that E92 will be avaible in the first half of 2011
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
It sounds for me like a déjà vu. Exactly one year ago (on 6th February 2011) I asked "Hanvon Technology (Deutschland) GmbH" when I will be able to buy their Hanvon E920 in Germany.
They told me, that E92 will be avaible in the first half of 2011
The whole year!!! What are they thinking of at Hanvon????
Old 02-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
jarreboum
jarreboum began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
From some internal sources I know that the Triton technology is not as technically mature as it is praised. That is why only few prototypes have been showed currently and I wouldn't seriously count on it this year.
B b but... they are already selling it in some parts of the world
jarreboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarreboum View Post
B b but... they are already selling it in some parts of the world
yes..
since last week and a very limited amount .
Old 02-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
jarreboum
jarreboum began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon E920
I mean they have been selling in China for quite a few month now
jarreboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #14
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarreboum View Post
I mean they have been selling in China for quite a few month now
I wonder if there are any of those lucky owners on this forum...
Old 02-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #15
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePlanetEarth View Post
I wonder if there are any of those lucky owners on this forum...
Kept looking every time I went to China, but it seems they don't have them in the stores, online only. And I would never buy this without actually having seen a unit at this stage in the game.

And not sure if I could get the sales tax refunded.

Last edited by HansTWN; 02-06-2012 at 11:12 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote