Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #2476
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin42069 View Post
Story does not exist: (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5904185/1/)
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5904185/1/

I've been seeing this since i tried updating or even adding new ones to my library. could this mean i'm on they're throttle list or something cuz its not the only story that says that and i've then checked on them and the story is there?
Ffnet had an outage itself - I'm going to chalk these reports up to that unless it continues to happen now.

From http://blog.fictionpress.com/ :

Quote:
28 Feb

Our network provider has fixed the upstream issue that caused the service outage earlier today. We are currently working around the clock to make sure there are no linger effects and are in working with the provider to make sure this will not happen again.

Upstream Network Outage
27 Feb

[Update: Resolved]

Our upstream network service provider is experiencing an outage at this moment. We will keep everyone updated as the issue is being worked on.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #2477
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Do you take requests for additional sites?
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #2478
Deheart
Deheart began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Ffnet had an outage itself - I'm going to chalk these reports up to that unless it continues to happen now.

From http://blog.fictionpress.com/ :
Just to let you know, I'm still getting the error

By the way, I pretty much only read stuff I download with this plugin anymore, thank you very much!
Old 02-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #2479
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Do you take requests for additional sites?
We do take requests, but I confess we haven't been acting on them very much lately. You might check the supported sites page to see if it's been suggested before.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #2480
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deheart View Post
Just to let you know, I'm still getting the error
You're getting 'The story does exist' errors?

It's a possibility that ffnet has again changed their throttling behavior.

If it still happens after a couple days of only doing small downloads, then we'll look at it more closely.
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #2481
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I would love it if you could add Spuffyrealm.com
Old 02-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #2482
Robin42069
Enthusiast
Robin42069 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
ok i got no problem.you were right it was fanfiction.net and not the plugin. i assumed because i could get to the story on the site itself it had to be the plugin i'm glad i was wrong. other than that small problem that doesnt exist i love the plugin so great job everyone who works on it. and thank you for helping me out.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #2483
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Testing fix for ffnet 'Story does not exist' problem.

Turns out that ffnet made a change that revealed a problem in FFDL.

While FFDL changed to record and allow https urls for ffnet, it wasn't actually using them. Ffnet has started throwing 404 errors on http (not https) urls.

This version seems to work, please let me know how it does for you.

UPDATE Feb 28, 2014 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-28-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #2484
Deheart
Deheart began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Edit: Nevermind, it worked for 4 stories and just now when I tried again it didn't, downloading update

I had just tried again and the older version now is working, but thank you for the fast update

Last edited by Deheart; 02-28-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #2485
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Quote:
... the older version now is working...
Just to say the old version isn't working for me at the moment.
Will try the updated version and report back...

Update: new version uploaded and it works fine. Thank you!

Last edited by BaconButty; 02-28-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #2486
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.8.13 - 28 Feb 2014
  • Fix for https vs http on ffnet (Story does not exist) problem.
  • Fix for KeyError:'site' problem.

Guys--updating your old posts doesn't trigger new notification emails.

If you have new information, make a new post or the odds are good I'll never see it.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #2487
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I just updated the Plug-in to 1.8.13 and I got this error:

Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4521560/1/
Old 03-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #2488
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I just updated the Plug-in to 1.8.13 and I got this error:
'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4521560/1/
From ffnet's blog:
Quote:
Network Upgrade Notice
28 Feb

Our upstream network provider will be performing critical upgrades during a window tonight between 9PM and tomorrow 9AM. During the window, there may be a chance of service disruption of 10-15 minutes. The upgrade will resolve and prevent the re-occurrence of yesterday’s service disruption.
They don't mention what timezone that is, but it could well be now.

Ffnet is currently throwing a new kind of error message I haven't seen from them before and FFDL isn't handling it gracefully.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #2489
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I'll continue trying, do you know if there's a limit for how many stories I can download a day?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #2490
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I'll continue trying, do you know if there's a limit for how many stories I can download a day?
I don't know of any daily limit, but ffnet does have a throttling system of some kind that can block your access for a couple days if they think you're hitting their servers too much. 'Too much' seems to be around 12 downloads at a time.
Closed Thread