Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
jfca283
jfca283 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo doesn't load books

hi
it was working fine, but after i removed some books and added others via calibre, KT just didn't show any new book i load. i did the factory reset, i tried with calibre or draging files and i can't see my books. Only shows the books which come by default. I tried with the old firmware or the new one. What can i do?
jfca283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
It could be one or two problem books causing the KT to get confused. Try to load your books in small batches, testing after each batch load.
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
jfca283

i erased a styles.css file from an epub. Then i went back to the original firmware. I loaded the epubs and then i made a firmware update. It was very frustrating fixing that error. I couldn't use Calibre (under ubuntu) for transferring books.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I'm using now Calibre 0.8.17 on Ubuntu to load and delete non DRM books with no problems onto Kobo Touch with software version 1.9.10 . When you delete book from Kobo empty trash on Ubuntu to fully delete the book. To eject KT left click on down arrow to right of Device icon and select Eject this Device. If you have loaded many books you will see progress bar to eject. With latest software I have loaded 1000 books at one time with no problems and KT takes reasonable time to update data base, With older versions of KT software I would only load 20 to 100 books because data base update took too long or would not complete job.

Calibre web site has instructions on how to update calibre beyond what is in Ubuntu repositories. Copy, paste script into terminal then enter. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 .
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
jfca283

i'm with 11.04 64bits. I don't know if there is a ppa repository.
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
My computers are 32 bit.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote