Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
'Story HD' with 6 inch e-ink display with 1024 * 768 resolution

iRiver is planning to release 'Story HD' with 6 inch e-ink screen with 1024 * 768 resolution.

There is not much detail but to summarize the news,
- Made by L&I cofounded by LG display and iRiver
- Planning to showcase 'Story HD' in 2011 CES starting from Jan 6 to Jan 9th.
- 6 inch e-ink screen with 1024 x 768 resolution
- Wifi
- Faster page turn and response by using Freescale chip
- 233g

Well, I would like to see some bigger screen device with higher resolution but this may be a start.

[Source: It is in Korean]
http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm...22709550961507
http://www.moveplayer.net/2614
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iriverstoryhd.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	63678  
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
1024x768 - why? What's wrong with Kindle 3's display?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
6" 768x1024 is about 214 ppi, which is higher than the 200 ppi of the 5" E Ink screens. I assume this uses E Ink Pearl Imaging Film (specs say capabilities exceed 200 dpi), with a new backplane.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I thought that dpi/ppi is not relevant to e-ink, because there are no pixels?

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
no thats incorrect elemeno.

each micro capsule is one pixel.

funny i just heard about this about 2 hours ago. I thought it wouldn't hit here until tomorrow.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 12-30-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
I really like the I river story from before . I found it much easier to read on in bright sunlight
(Saudi Arabia ) Than the Sony . I could actually read it outside. The battery life was superb on it much better than the Sony. The only bad thing about it was the lack of support for it.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
I really like the I river story from before.. .

The battery life was superb on it much better than the Sony...
How do you get better than a week? Or does the 600 suck up power cause of the touchscreen, etc?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
brbubba
Connoisseur
brbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
1024x768 - why? What's wrong with Kindle 3's display?
The PPI was too low for me, had to return it. I could see pixels and jaggies when viewing under 1.5 ft. Made the text look blurry to me and just couldn't take it. Probably going to get the PRS350, but might as well wait to see how much this device is going to cost. This is not just a kindle problem, it's any device at that 167 PPI level. The PRS350 was the only one that didn't exhibit this problem, even the larger Sony has the lower res.
brbubba is offline   Reply With Quote