Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
kriken
kriken began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Calibre in Synology server

I'm using Calibre for manage my books; but, I'd like share them with my friends using my Sinology NAS server.
As I know, Calibre can't run in a non Intel processor.
Could I export the content server in a web structure and copy it to my Sinology server?
Currently, I'm using Calibre2opds; but I guess, Calibre server is better.
Sorry if is a nonsense question.
Great job!
kriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
As I know, Calibre can't run in a non Intel processor.
There you have your answer. And save for a few high end NAS...

Only php stuff. It should be technically possible to program some php frontend. But it would take some time.

What nas do you have ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 12-18-2011 at 06:48 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriken View Post
I'm using Calibre for manage my books; but, I'd like share them with my friends using my Sinology NAS server.
Sorry if is a nonsense question.
Not a nonsense question. Here is a thread, [HOW TO] Install Calibre in Intel-Based NAS (and ARM-based NAS), that should help you get calibre news fetching and the content server running on an Intel based Synology DS411+II NAS or on a ARM based Synology DS211j NAS.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-18-2011 at 07:05 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
It should be technically possible to program some php frontend. But it would take some time.
Actually, this one already exists, too.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104188
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
I run calibre from our synology NAS. Rather than content server I use calibre2odps catalog. To make it work we had to turn on the synology web server, then put the calibre files in the web folder. I've had no problems at all this way, either with the database or the catalog.
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'd be interested in a native package to run just the calibre server on the synology NAS. Don't really care about sharing with others (my NAS is located behind the firewall and not internet accessible, anyway), but would love to have family members be able to access it without having to have my computer on. Maintenance of the db would either be direct from laptop or via backup from laptop (what I do now, so it is essentially a backup of my files, also).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
For now there is no package but you can install COPS on a Synology NAS : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=145
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Thanks, VLAD.

I'll see if I can figure it out (I have a technical/computer background, but went into software dev before linux was popular, so haven't messed with it much).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote