Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-09-2023, 03:00 AM   #16
dunxd
dunxd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Generation
This came up as I was building a Home Assistant add-on that serves the Calibre Library via a web server - it is based on COPS which is smaller than running Calibre's own web server. When opening an ePub v3 book without an NCX it throws an error - the cause of which took a while to track down. I can figure out how to work around this error, but given that in the ePub v3 guidelines I quoted earlier it is stated as best practice to create ePub v3 with both XHTML and NCX table of contents I thought I'd raise it here to find out if I hadn't discovered an existing Calibre setting to make it a simpler workflow, or suggest an easy addition in Calibre. By easier I mean for anyone using the add-on which is available through GitHub.
dunxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 04:27 AM   #17
dunxd
dunxd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Generation
I have updated COPS to work with ePub v3 files lacking an NCX TOC. This is for an addon to Home Assistant for people that want to host their library 24/7 without keeping the PC they use for Calibre connected to the network. In case you are interested, take a look at HA COPS.
dunxd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automation, epub conversion, ncx, toc problems