Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Unhappy PocketBook 602 is stolen - RETURNED!

Hello everyone,

I am writing here with a hope for an advice or even help.

I am an authorized reseller of PocketBook USA and sometimes I am asked by websites/blogs owners to land a reader for a review. I am always willing to cooperate and until recently didn't expect that I might become a victim of a thief by doing that.

Here is my sad story. I was contacted by Donna Smith who sent me the following message:
"My name is Donna Smith and I manage a review blog called The Happy Booker. I am going to be speaking about ereader alternatives to the Kindle and Nook and after hearing about your products, the Pocketbook ereaders, I think that it would be of great interest to my readers. I am writing to request one of your ereaders for review on my blog. Please contact me if you think this would be a good fit for your product.
Thank you,
Donna Smith @ The Happy Booker
"

After a couple of emails I sent her PocketBook 602 under the condition she would keep it for up to a month for her review and after that would return to me. At first Donna was in touch with me all the time (via emails) - she kept me posted that she received the reader, gave me her opinions about the device and in a couple of weeks notified me that she put a review on her blog (she indeed did a review). I thanked her and asked to return the reader back unless she wanted to buy and keep it. Since that time I haven't heard back from Donna for 3 weeks already even though I sent her several reminders. Since she still keeps writing on her blog I am sure no accident happened to her and seems she just decided to get away with the reader for free without even having her phone number (only email address and blog link).

I would really appreciate any ideas how I can get the reader back.

I wish I made enough money to give readers away for free but unfortunately it is far from the reality and I work very hard after my main full time job to make a few extra dollars by selling readers for a tiny profit.

Thank you in advance,
Tatiana

P.S. I agree to possible observations that I am too naive, but those observations will not help with what happened and therefore can be omitted

Last edited by tvpupsik; 10-05-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Too much information.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Have you considered commenting on her blog?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Have you considered commenting on her blog?
Yes, and it doesn't have to start out mean--something like, "hey Donna, I'm glad you liked the Pocketbook I LOANED you. I'm sure you've just lost my address so I sent it to you again at the email we were using while you reviewed MY Pocketbook." Then ramp it up from there.

Or, check your PM
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
sometimes negative information could bring more visitors to your webiste, Tanya, that positive)) Go to her blog)
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Thank you everyone for the responses! I was hesitant about trying to post at her blog, but now I am convinced that I have to give it a try

Special thanks to MmavisO for the useful info in IM!
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Tanya, if you need support on her blog, 'just whistle' - I can come over there and add my nickel there as well
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
tvpupsik
Addict

Yaroslav, thank you for the support!

I added a couple of comments on the blog and within 20min they were removed as well as the review for PB602 she wrote...
Old 09-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
this the one? http://happy-booker.blogspot.com/
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
tvpupsik
Addict

Yes, Charlie. This is the one.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #10
Donna72
Donna72 began at the beginning.

Device: none
First of all, I highly resent the accusation that I have stolen anything, not to mention my physical address, the home where my children reside, being posted on a public forum. I admit that I was a week and a half over the agreed month, however, my town was just severely damaged in the hurricane and I was without internet access for well over a week and am currently in the process of replacing our roof and repairing other damages. It does not excuse the fact that I was late, and for that I do apologize, but being a week and a half late does not justify an accusation of theft. The posts to my blog were ones that had been scheduled to post before any of this happened. I always had every intention of purchasing the eareader, as we had discussed, but as you stated, you said I had a month to use it. I received the ereader in mid-August, so I am just over one week late with the purchase. I was still intending to purchase the ereader and asked you to send me the invoice until I saw this accusation. I was extremely shocked and angry that you would go so far as to accuse me of theft without first contacting me. This is why I removed my review of the ereader. I respectfully request that you remove my personal address from this post and never again publish details like that publicly. Your ereader will be returned.
Donna72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
Donna72
Donna72 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Further, I just realized that while you posted on here that I had removed the review, you did not also include that I had first immediately contacted you, as soon as I received your email about sending me the invoice for the ereader and that the review was not removed until much later, after I was made aware of this post and my physical address being broadcasted. Well, I do have the timestamped emails as well to show that I absolutely did not simply remove the review without responding to you. I feel like you are trying to twist this situation into something that simply is not by your omissions.
Donna72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
tvpupsik
Addict

Donna, you stopped replying after September 3rd. I have sent you multiple emails without any answer. And I hope you agree that more than 3 weeks silence from a person who used to reply almost immediately is at least suspicious. Only after I started this thread and added comments to your blog you finally replied. Thank you for that.
I am sorry to hear about the problems with your house. I removed your address from the post. Once I receive the reader back I will let everyone know that the misunderstanding was resolved.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #13
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna72 View Post
I always had every intention of purchasing the eareader, as we had discussed, but as you stated, you said I had a month to use it. I received the ereader in mid-August, so I am just over one week late with the purchase. I was still intending to purchase the ereader and asked you to send me the invoice until I saw this accusation. I was extremely shocked and angry that you would go so far as to accuse me of theft without first contacting me. This is why I removed my review of the ereader.
The blog post, which I can still see because it was cached, was written on September 3rd, and you said that you had been using it for a month. You made no mention of having borrowed it for the purpose of the review.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
DeaconBlues1103
DeaconBlues1103 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I've been reading this thread since it was posted and was all set to reply this morning, because I'm a BIG fan of typupsik. I have purchased 3 PB's from Tatiana through eBay and I have found her to be of excellent service. Tatiana answers questions very quickly, efficiently and friendly. Dealing with her is a very pleasant experience. She's the best, 'nuf said! I'm glad everything worked out for her (sort of) and I'm glad I erred on the side of procrastination ( which I usually do). Thanks all for a wonderful and informational forum. I love my PB's!
DeaconBlues1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #15
tvpupsik
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBlues1103 View Post
I've been reading this thread since it was posted and was all set to reply this morning, because I'm a BIG fan of typupsik. I have purchased 3 PB's from Tatiana through eBay and I have found her to be of excellent service. Tatiana answers questions very quickly, efficiently and friendly. Dealing with her is a very pleasant experience. She's the best, 'nuf said! I'm glad everything worked out for her (sort of) and I'm glad I erred on the side of procrastination ( which I usually do). Thanks all for a wonderful and informational forum. I love my PB's!
Thank you for your support Gary!

Tags
pocketbook 602