Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Thumbs up Every Word and Shuffle Row Free games for Kindle. Available to international users?

Hi everyone,

I was reading Engadget when I came across this piece of tech news.

"Amazon has published two diction-centric games, Shuffled Row and Every Word, free of charge and available now for delivery via Whispernet. Both involve word creation -- the former with 60 disposable letters and the latter with six or seven reusable tiles à la Scramble -- and neither seem to be available for the Kindle 1"

I tried to add/buy the games Every Word and Shuffle Row but it says it is not available in my country (India).

Is there some way to get this?
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
palamike
palamike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
For me it say
"Not currently available"

I live in Thailand.
palamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Here it says pricing is not available. Weird - I heard the two games are supposed to be free even. First "active apps" that were programmed with the Kindle SDK.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
It says not available for me too, but my kindle hasn't been released yet so that's understandable.

I got this from Amazon now, so I guess it's supposed to be available to everyone ... or they just forgot to filter their email-list on country:

"The first Kindle active content titles are now available to Kindle customers. They are Shuffled Row and Every Word from Amazon Digital Services. We encourage you to download and try them at http://www.amazon.com/shuffledrow or http://www.amazon.com/everyword."

Also, they will only run on these devices:

Kindle (Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6")
Kindle (Wi-Fi, 6")
Kindle (2nd Generation)
Kindle DX (Free 3G, 9.7", Graphite)
Kindle DX (Free 3G, 9.7", White)

Last edited by tovare; 08-04-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Corrected URL
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovare View Post
Also, they will only run on these devices:

Kindle (Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6")
Kindle (Wi-Fi, 6")
Kindle (2nd Generation)
Kindle DX (Free 3G, 9.7", Graphite)
Kindle DX (Free 3G, 9.7", White)
I saw this on their website...wouldn't it just be easier to say "doesn't work on Kindle 1"? Is there any other model that's excluded??
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
international kindles are excluded.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
international kindles are excluded.
That's a class of users, not a device.

But yes, all the Kindle apps are also excluded.

These are US only, can be sent from the computer to only one Kindle; all others (that qualify) must either download via USB or get it from the archive (and, presumably, only in the US or via wifi).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:08 AM   #8
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Are any International kindles getting it then Koland?
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:45 AM   #9
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
I do hope that, surely in time(a week-a month?) that they would enable us international users to use the gadgets too!

Was thrilled upon receiving the email, not to thrilled when I saw the missing download button.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
I set my account address to one in the US and bought/downloaded the games wirelessly to my kindle (international) in Australia. They work

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 08-05-2010 at 08:57 AM.
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #11
Jzz
Jzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Was getting the same message in Canada. Changed address (like OP) and country. It works here too.
Jzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
So far, only those whose users "visit" the US.

Your "international" kindle is just the same Kindle sold here (from about a week after it was introduced, there has been only the Global kindle sold in the US as new; the "US" version, was the original Kindle 2 and became only a refurbished/used item). The ban is on being sold to someone out of the country (international law and rights can be a pita), not to any particular kindle, other than Kindle 1. Since it, like most games, is hardware dependent, it's not surprising that it also doesn't work on any of the apps (and I doubt that Apple would allow one app to play another one, just as they don't allow you to buy books inside an app).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
The KDX-US is missing here. Only the KDX Free 3G versions are explicitly mentioned.
So both Kindle 1 and KDX US miss out.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote