Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Diana D
Diana D began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Skins Available...

...well, sort of.

On the Indigo website they have about 10 GelaSkins skins for sale. Most of them are the ones already available on the GelaSkins site, but some of their Indigo-designed advertised ones (with book quotes, damask, etc.) are also there and $19.95. According to the website none are available in store.

I'm having trouble seeing the point of the full-case GelaSkin, mostly because I really like the quilted back!
Diana D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How do these things work with the quilted back? Does anyone have one on theirs and would you be able to post a picture?
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
sunami88
Enthusiast
sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.sunami88 is no ebook tyro.

I still can't believe they haven't released a hardshell case yet... I'm seriously considering just cutting up an amaray case...
sunami88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I bought one from Gelaskins and I only applied the front.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
PenelopeWeaving
PenelopeWeaving began at the beginning.

I designed my GelaSkin and stuck it on the quilted part as well. You still enjoy the benefit of the quilted back even covered with the skin. I DID take a picture but not sure how to post it.
PenelopeWeaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
djloewen
Connoisseur
djloewen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
I asked GelaSkins about this earlier, and they were kind enough to send me pictures. What's the easiest way to post them? I don't have an account for any online photo sites and the "insert image" option is asking for a URL rather than letting me choose from my own machine.
djloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #7
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

MR is pretty picky about embedding images into posts. If they're too big, they will get removed. Your best bet is to use one of the free online photo album services, and just post links here.

Most people now-a-days have a Google account for one reason or another already, so with that same account you will already have access to Picasa:
http://picasaweb.google.com
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
djloewen
Connoisseur
djloewen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
The pictures were taken by an employee at GelaSkins. I assume that they don't mind me posting them, but if they indicate otherwise I will take them down.

http://picasaweb.google.com/11760223...eat=directlink

Enjoy!
djloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #9
Katie H
Katie H began at the beginning.

I don't actually see where you can buy the ones originally posted on the Chapters website (the flowery black and white ones and the ones with the words on them). Are those just demos or will we actually get to buy those specific ones?
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #10
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
Thumbs up

Just finished applying GelaSkins to two Kobo's, front and back, and I have to say that I am REALLY REALLY impressed!

I have never tried GelaSkins before, on anything. I was a little sceptical and I always thought the price was a little bit high, but I bought them anyways, for the Kobo. My wife has a white one and I have a black one. I really like the black Kobo, but it showed fingerprints something fierce and I thought a skin might help. (it did - alot!)

I got the skin "Black Fleur" for the black Kobo, and my wife got the skin "Bookshelf" for the white Kobo. I bought them at an Indigo store.

Application was really easy and only took me a couple of minutes. I found them very easy to line up, the sizing is perfect and they applied very easy to the quilted back, taking on the quilting very nicely with no bubbles. Also, just for reference, I can be a very picky person and like perfection wherever possible. My wife says I'm anal, lol.

All in all, from initial impressions it looks like a great product.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Just finished applying GelaSkins to two Kobo's, front and back, and I have to say that I am REALLY REALLY impressed!:
Would you be able to snaps a couple pics? I am curious about the skins but so far haven't really seen anything that I like. Perhaps seeing some skins on actual Kobo Readers will change my perspective.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #12
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverJ View Post
Would you be able to snaps a couple pics? I am curious about the skins but so far haven't really seen anything that I like. Perhaps seeing some skins on actual Kobo Readers will change my perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djloewen View Post
The pictures were taken by an employee at GelaSkins. I assume that they don't mind me posting them, but if they indicate otherwise I will take them down.

http://picasaweb.google.com/11760223...eat=directlink

Enjoy!
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
Katie H
Katie H began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
I don't actually see where you can buy the ones originally posted on the Chapters website (the flowery black and white ones and the ones with the words on them). Are those just demos or will we actually get to buy those specific ones?
Ask and ye shall receive - I see they have them now!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
Gordo29
Connoisseur
Gordo29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-1st Porcelain 2nd Black, Touch, Aura, now Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Just finished applying GelaSkins to two Kobo's, front and back, and I have to say that I am REALLY REALLY impressed!

I was wondering that, after applying them, did it change the feel and "grippyness" of the Kobo quilted back (or the front for that matter)?
Gordo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #15
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

There is a page on Gelaskins.com for Kobo skins and some of them are pretty darn cool.

http://www.gelaskins.com/catalog.php...&CategoryID=60
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote